Healthy Powdered Coffee Creamer
Customize this shelf-stable pantry staple for a delicious companion for your morning coffee.
Servings: 64 tablespoon servings
Food processor, blender (regular or high-speed), or spice/coffee bean grinder
Quart-sized jar with lid, preferably airtight
Basic Powdered Coffee Creamer Recipe
- 3 cups Powdered milk, non-fat or full-fat You can also use powdered creamer to replace up to half of the powdered milk in the 3 cup measurement. Also, for a dairy-free alternative, you can use 3 cups of coconut milk powder.
- 1 cup Whole sweetener such as Sucanat Optional whole sweeteners include coconut sugar, date sugar, or maple sugar. You can add an additional 1/8 cup of sweetener to this mix for a very sweet tasting creamer.
Optional Flavorings for Basic Powdered Coffee Creamer Recipe Above
- 1 tbsp Vanilla powder or 1/2 vanilla bean pod Alternatively, you can use sugar that you have scented with 1 vanilla bean pod over a few weeks. Use the scented sugar in place of the vanilla powder or the 1/2 vanilla bean pod.
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Espresso powdered or freeze-dried coffee powder, optional This ingredient provides an intense mocha coffee flavor.
- 2 tbsp Coconut "milk" powder
- 1 tsp Dried mint NOTE: Mix this with the sweetener first, then sift out any bits of dried mint that did not fully pulverize.
Add your sweetener of choice to a food processor, blender, or other electrical mixer, and pulverize the sweetener until it turns into a fine powder. This process can take up to 2 minutes, depending on the type of device you are using. (If you are using the small spice/coffee bean grinder, you will need to do this in multiple batches) (See video.)
Add your flavoring of choice to the powdered sweetener and pulverize for 30 seconds.
Add powdered milk of choice to sweetener mixture and blend for 60 seconds or until fully blended.
Transfer the mixture to an airtight jar and store in your pantry. This mixture has a shelf life of one year.
To use your powdered coffee creamer, add 1 tablespoon to an 8-12 ounce mug and pour in hot coffee. You can add more creamer if you want.) Stir and enjoy!
Find this recipe and video at https://marysnest.com/how-to-make-a-healthy-powdered-coffee-creamer/
Copyright © 2020 Mary's Nest, LLC, All Rights Reserved