Iodine-Rich Fish Stew
Fish Stew is rich in Iodine and wonderful to support Good Thyroid Health. This fish stew is easy to make and comes together in minutes. Fish Stew is perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium Yellow onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coarse ground Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup White vermouth or white wine
- 2 pounds White fish cut into chunks (I used halibut in the video)
- 1 bunch Flat-Leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 15 ounce Can crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups Fish bone broth, warmed homemade or store-bought
Saute onions in butter and olive oil with salt and both peppers in a large soup pot. Once onions are translucent, deglaze pan with white vermouth and simmer for a few minutes.
Add fish and quickly saute for about 1 minute, just to cook exterior of fish.
Add parsley and tomatoes to pot and stir well to mix.
Add warm fish bone broth to pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 1 minute.
Ladle fish stew into individual serving bowls and serve with crusty baguette slices. Enjoy!
Find this recipe and video at https://marysnest.com/recipe/how-to-make-iodine-rich-fish-stew-for-good-thyroid-health/
Copyright © 2019 Mary’s Nest, LLC, All Rights Reserved