Healthy Peach Buckle Recipe Made with Whole Grain Flour
This recipe for a Fresh Peach Buckle is made healthy by substituting Whole Grain Flour in place of all-purpose flour.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 cups Fresh peaches, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces approximately 1" x 1" 4-5 peaches
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat pastry flour any whole grain flour can be substituted
- 1/2 cup Dried cane juice (sucanat) maple sugar, date sugar or coconut sugar can be substituted.
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- pinch Fine ground sea salt
- 1/2 stick Butter, softened 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 2/3 cup Dried cane juice (sucanat) maple sugar, date sugar or coconut sugar can be substituted.
- 1 1/2 sticks Butter, softened 12 tablespoons or 3/4 cup
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F and set the rack in the oven to the lower-middle position.
If you are using a springform pan or cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper. With whatever pan you are using, grease well with butter and then dust with flour. Shake out the excess. Set aside.
Peel peaches, chop, and toss in lemon juice. Set aside.
Mix all ingredients together in 1 bowl and mix by hand or with an electric whisk until well combined, approximately 3 minutes. The batter will be thick.
Mix peaches into batter and transfer to the baking dish that you are using.
Top batter with crumb topping. Squeeze portions of topping in hand and then crumble over cake batter to create large crumbs and small crumbs.
Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour. Test for doneness with a toothpick in the center of the cake. When the toothpick comes out clean with no batter on it, the cake is done.
If crumb topping begins to over brown while baking, cover baking dish loosely with aluminum foil.
Find this recipe and video at https://marysnest.com/peach-buckle-recipe/
Copyright © 2019 Mary's Nest, LLC, All Rights Reserved