Canned Salmon Patties
Enjoy salmon patties with this quick and easy dinner recipe made with a favorite pantry staple, canned salmon.
Servings: 4 servings
- 13-15 ounces Canned salmon
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Green onions, chopped Any type of onion can be used
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise Plus one extra tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Ghee, olive oil, or other fat suitable for sautéing
Open can(s) of salmon and drain liquid if desired.
Transfer salmon to a bowl and break into chunks using a fork.
Add all the other ingredients to the bowl, reserving 1/3 of the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, and mix gently to combine.
Shape salmon mixture into 4 patties and rub each patty with a bit of mayonnaise and then coat with remaining 1/3 of bread crumbs.
Melt ghee or other cooking fat in a frying pan on medium heat and then place each patty into the frying pan and saute each side for 3 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown. Serve immediately.
Te extend this recipe, you can add the full cup of bread crumbs to the salmon mixture and make 6 patties instead of 4. If you do this, you will need an additional 1/3 cup of bread crumbs to coat the patties as you would have used the original 1/3 cup to add to the salmon mixture.
You can find this recipe and accompanying video at https://marysnest.com/how-to-make-salmon-patties-with-canned-salmon/
Copyright © 2020 Mary's Nest, LLC, All Rights Reserved