Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice – KETO Recipe
Learn How to Make Cauliflower Rice 3 ways. Plus, learn how to cook this rice for maximum nutrition to reduce the goitrogens that might otherwise be a bit hard on your thyroid.
Cauliflower Rice is Easy to Make
This recipe is easy to make with or without a food processor. If you are making a small amount, a hand grater works wonderfully. But if you want to make a big batch at one time, a food processor can speed the process up.
If you use a food processor, there is an optimal way to make the rice. You’ll want to use the grater blade. But what if your food processor didn’t come with a grater blade, or you can’t find it? You can use the chopping blade—but go slowly. As some of the cauliflower turns into rice, remove the grains. Any florets that remain can be re-chopped. The bottom line is that you want to avoid making paste!
A Dieter’s Friend
Cauliflower is a tasty rice substitute. It is a wonderful grain-free alternative that’s suitable for Paleo, Keto, and Low-Carb Diets. It’s also Whole30 appropriate.
Even if you don’t need to limit your carbs, cauliflower rice is a delicious side dish that helps to work more veggies into any diet!
If you plan to eat this “rice” a couple of times per week, be sure to watch the How to Make Cauliflower Rice video, to see the best way to prepare the rice to reduce the compounds known as goitrogens that can interfere with the thyroid’s ability to work properly.
More Keto, Paleo, and Low-Carb Friendly Recipes
If you’d like to make a tasty soup using your Cauliflower Rice, be sure to check out the nutritious Bone Broth recipes below. These recipes include Keto, Paleo, and Low-Carbohydrate friendly veggies:
- How to Make Keto Bone Broth with Anti-Inflammatory Herbs and Spices
- Best Vegetables for Keto Bone Broth
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Hand grater or food processor
- 1 head Cauliflower, leaves and core removed
- Cut up the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Grate the florets on a hand grater or in a food processor using the grating blade.
- If you do not have a grating blade for your food processor, you can use the chopping blade, but you will periodically need to stop the processor and remove that cauliflower which has been riced and reprocess the remaining chunks of florets. This will prevent the mixture from becoming over-processed.
- Next, boil the cauliflower rice in water for 2-3 minutes to help reduce the goitrogens. Drain afterward.
- At this point, you can store your cauliflower rice in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- When you are ready to prepare your cauliflower rice, you can follow a simple recipe by sautéing it in a bit of butter and olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from rice the heat and sprinkle it with salt to taste.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for Stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and Equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and more!
Favorite Cauliflower Making Supplies:
- Cuisinart Box Grater
- KitchenAid Gourmet Box Grater
- KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor
- KitchenAid 11-Cup Food Processor
- 4 Glass Bowl Set with Lids
- Stainless Steel Spider Strainer
- Stainless Steel Slotted Spoon
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Disclaimer:I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.