A many of my viewers who have YouTube Channels or are interested in starting a channel have asked me what type of video gear and services I used to get over 970,000 YouTube subscribers and over 54 million views. (Thank you to all my wonderful viewers!! I love you all!) I’m happy to share the resources I use with you in the following sections
Table of Contents
Why I Use These Items
I hope that I have always created excellent content in my Traditional Foods niche, which has helped my channel grow. But in this competitive YouTube environment, having certain kinds of gear and services can definitely help make the job of growing your YouTube channel easier.
On this page, you’ll find links to the equipment and services I use to make my videos and maintain my website. Along with making quality videos to serve my audience, these items have helped me on this exciting YouTube journey. I hope they will help you too!
If you are thinking about creating your own videos, be sure to read my 7 Tips for How to Start a Successful YouTube Channel. They’ll help you create a YouTube channel that will be meaningful to you and help you serve your viewers.
Note: If you are looking for discount codes for traditional foods and services, visit my Shopping Guide page.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Video Gear and Equipment
My Canon camera is easy to use and delivers high-resolution video. And you can’t beat the Sennheiser microphone to capture your voice and kitchen sounds beautifully.
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR Camera and EF-S 18-55mm Lens (This is the newer version of the Canon Rebel SL2 that I used for many of my earlier videos.)
- Canon DSLR Camera EOS 90D (body only) (I’ve been using this camera for a while. It can shoot up to 4K video.)
- Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 is STM Lens (Be sure to get a lens with your 90D camera body.)
- Sennheiser EW 112P G4-A Omni-directional EW system (This is the microphone that I have been using.)
- Wireless Lavalier Microphone 2.4G (This is a lower-cost option with a Lavalier mic.)
Other Film Equipment
- Westcott Photo Lighting Kit (This is a newer version of the lighting kit I use.)
- AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I SD Card (I use larger capacity SD cards too.)
- Amazon AAA Batteries – 100 count
Computer Equipment and Software
I love using my Apple Macbook Pro, and since it’s a laptop, I can take it anywhere to work on my videos. Remember to back up your laptop and video files regularly with an external hard drive.
- Apple MacBook Pro (This is one of the newer versions of the laptop that I use.)
- Western Digital (WD) 4TB Portable External Hard Drive
- Final Cut Pro
After you use your video gear and create videos, VidIQ will help you hone in on the best keywords to use to craft your video titles, descriptions, and tags. These services will also help you understand the plethora of video statistics provided by YouTube in your Creator Studio.
Understanding all of your YouTube information will help you make better videos, and this, in turn, means an increase in your subscriber base and, most importantly, an increase in your video watch time. Video watch time is tied directly to the success of your YouTube channel.
I trust WP Engine’s reliability and ease of use to host my WordPress website. There is nothing else like them out there. The level of customer service they provide is invaluable. As you grow your online presence and build your business and income, the last thing you want is a website host that fails you when you need them the most. Don’t waste time with other hosting services. Go with the best! You’ll be happy that you did.
Special: Get 4 months free on all new shared hosting plans at WP Engine with this link and code wooready23.
Here are some of the plugins that I use and recommend for my WordPress site:
- WP Recipe Maker – I use WP Recipe Maker to display the recipes on my website posts. I’ve been impressed by their fast response to my support questions.
Video and Blogging Courses
Video Ranking Academy
Sean Cannell offers excellent courses and ongoing group coaching to show you how to create videos successfully on YouTube. Join his Think Media Video Ranking Academy and be part of the community I’m a member of, along with many other successful video creators.
- Join the new Video Ranking Academy – Sean will teach you step-by-step everything that he’s learned growing a YouTube platform, from creating and ranking your videos to turning views into income.
- The One YouTube Strategy for 122k+ Views a Day Masterclass
- 3 Surefire Video Ideas Guaranteed to Get Views Masterclass
Food Blogger Pro
Have you always wanted to start a Food blog? If so, be sure to check out the amazing services offered by Food Blogger Pro. They’ll teach you how to Start, Grow, and Monetize your Food blog.
I share the why and how I decided to create my Mary’s Nest YouTube channel in 2018.
Here are my seven tips to help future creators start a YouTube channel that will be meaningful to them and help to serve their viewers.
Thank you to all my Sweet Friends for joining me on this Traditional Foods Journey!