Video Gear and Services
A number of my viewers who have YouTube Channels, or are interested in starting a channel, have asked me how did I create content and use video gear to get over 475,000 YouTube subscribers and over 20.5 million views million views. (Thank you to all my wonderful viewers!! I love you all!)
I hope that I have always created excellent content in my Traditional Foods niche, which has helped my channel grow. But in this competitive YouTube environment, having certain types of gear and services can definitely help make the job of growing your YouTube channel easier.
You’ll find links to the equipment and services that I use to make my videos on this page. Along with making quality videos in my niche, these video gear and services have helped me on this exciting YouTube journey. I hope they will help you too!
If you are looking for discount codes for traditional foods and services, visit my Shopping Guide page.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Video Gear and Equipment
My Canon camera is easy to use and delivers high-resolution video. And you can’t beat the Sennheiser microphone to capture your voice and kitchen sounds beautifully.
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR Camera and EF-S 18-55mm Lens (This is the newer version of the Canon Rebel SL2 that I used for many of my videos.)
- Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit w/EF-M15-45mm Lens and 4K Video
- Canon 90D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55 is STM Lens (This camera with mirror also has 4K video.)
- Sennheiser EW 112P G4-A Omni-directional EW system (This is a newer version of the microphone that I have been using.)
- Rode RodeLink FM Digital Wireless Filmmaker System (This is a great lower-cost option with a Lavalier Mic.)
Other Film Equipment
- Westcott Erin Manning Home Studio Lighting Kit
- AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I SD Card
- Amazon AAA Batteries – 100 count
Computer Equipment and Software
I love using my Apple Macbook Pro, and since it’s a laptop, I can take it anywhere to work on my videos. Remember to backup your laptop and video files regularly with an external hard drive.
- New Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage) (This is one of the newer versions of the laptop that I use.)
- Western Digital (WD) 4TB Portable External Hard Drive
- Final Cut Pro
Most of the time, YouTube automatically creates English captioning for my videos. I’m amazed at how accurate these automatic captions are. I know many viewers watch my videos in public areas with the sound turned down. Captions help them, as well as those who have difficulty hearing. I also believe that captions help search engines index my videos so those searching for how to make bone broth or sourdough (for example) can more easily find my videos and get the help they need.
Unfortunately, sometimes YouTube doesn’t automatically generate a caption file. That’s when I turn to Rev. In a short period, their cadre of experts can create a caption file that I can upload to YouTube. Since a person is crafting the caption file, it’s very accurate, and if I need to review the file to modify the spelling of unique cooking or kitchen terms, their editing interface makes updating text a snap.
If you need captioning or transcribing services for your videos, give Rev a try with my referral link below so you can get $10 off your first order.
After you use your video gear and create videos, VidIQ will help you hone in on the best keywords to use to craft your video titles, descriptions, and tags. These services will also help you understand the plethora of video statistics provided by YouTube in your Creator Studio.
Understanding all of your YouTube information will help you make better videos, and this, in turn, means an increase in your subscriber base and, most importantly, an increase in your video watch time. Video watch time is tied directly to the success of your YouTube channel.
I trust WP Engine’s reliability and ease of use to host my WordPress website. There is nothing else like them out there. The level of customer service they provide is invaluable. As you grow your online presence and build your business and income, the last thing you want is a website host that fails you when you need them the most. Don’t waste time with other hosting services. Go with the best! You’ll be happy that you did.
For new customers purchasing any Startup, Growth, or Scale plan, use promocode WPE3FREE for 3 months free on annual shared plans.. (Not valid for existing customers, upgrades, or any other product purchase.)
Here are some of the plugins that I use and recommend for my WordPress site:
- WP Recipe Maker – I use WP Recipe Maker to display the recipes on my website posts. I’ve been impressed by their fast response to my support questions.
Video and Blogging Courses
Video Ranking Academy
Sean Cannell offers excellent courses and ongoing group coaching to show you how to create videos successfully on YouTube. His content also shows you how to use your video gear.
Join his Video Ranking Academy and be part of the community that I’m a member of, along with many other successful video creators.
- Download the free Viral Video Checklist – Sean provides a free blueprint for getting your videos in front of your target audience and more.
- Access the free Video Ranking Academy Webclass – Sean updated this free web class with his latest research.
- Join the new Video Ranking Academy – Sean will teach you step-by-step everything that he’s learned growing a YouTube platform, from creating and ranking your videos to turning views into income.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.