Video Gear and Services
A number of my viewers who have YouTube Channels, or are interested in starting a channel, have asked me how did I get over 200,000 YouTube subscribers and over 6.5 million views. (Thank you to all my wonderful viewers!! I love you all!)
I hope that I have always created excellent content in my Traditional Foods niche, which has helped my channel grow. But in this competitive YouTube environment, having certain types of gear and services can definitely help to make the job of growing a YouTube channel easier.
On this page, you’ll find links to the equipment and services that I use to make my videos. I believe that along with making quality videos in my niche, these videos and services have helped me on this exciting YouTube journey. I hope they will help you too!
My Canon camera is easy to use and delivers high-resolution video. And you can’t beat the Sennheiser microphone to capture your voice and kitchen sounds beautifully.
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR Camera and EF-S 18-55mm STM Lens with accessories (This is the newer version of the Canon Rebel SL2 that I used for many of my videos.)
- Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit w/EF-M15-45mm Lens and 4K Video
- Canon 90D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55 is STM Lens (This camera with mirror also has 4K video.)
- Sennheiser EW 112P G4-A Omni-directional EW system (This is a newer version of the microphone that I have been using.)
- Rode Microphones Wireless Go Compact Transmitter/Receiver Wireless Solution with Knox Gear Clip-On Lavalier Microphone (This is a great lower-cost option with a Lavalier Mic.)
Other Film Equipment
- Westcott Erin Manning Home Studio Lighting Kit
- AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I SD Card
- Amazon AAA Batteries – 100 count
Computer Equipment and Software
I love using my Apple Macbook Pro, and since it’s a laptop, I can take it anywhere to work on my videos. Remember to backup your laptop and video files regularly with an external hard drive.
- Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) (This is one of the newer versions of the laptop that I use.)
- Western Digital (WD) 4TB Portable External Hard Drive
- Final Cut Pro
VidIQ will help you hone in on the best keywords to use to craft your video titles, descriptions, and tags. These services will also help you understand the plethora of video statistics provided by YouTube in your Creator Studio.
Understanding all of your YouTube information will help you make better videos, and this, in turn, means an increase in your subscriber base and, most importantly, an increase in your video watch time. Video watch time is tied directly to the success of your YouTube channel.
I trust WP Engine’s reliability and ease of use to host my WordPress website. There is nothing else like them out there. The level of customer service they provide is invaluable. As you grow your online presence and build your business and income, the last thing you want is a website host that fails you when you need them the most. Don’t waste time with other hosting services. Go with the best! You’ll be happy that you did.
Here are some of the plugins that I use and recommend for my WordPress site:
- WP Recipe Maker – I use WP Recipe Maker to display the recipes on my website posts. I’ve been impressed by their fast response to my support questions.
Sean Cannell offers excellent courses and ongoing group coaching to show you how to create videos successfully on YouTube. Join his Video Ranking Academy and be part of the community that I’m a member of, along with many other successful video creators.
- Download the free Viral Video Checklist – Sean provides a free blueprint getting your videos in front of your target audience and more.
- Access the free Video Ranking Academy Webclass – Sean updated this free webclass with his latest research for 2020.
- Join the new Video Ranking Academy – Sean will teach you step-by-step everything that he’s learned growing a YouTube platform from creating and ranking your videos to turning views into income.
Food Blogger Pro
Have you always wanted to start a Food Blog? If so, be sure to check out the amazing services offered by Food Blogger Pro. They’ll teach you how to Start, Grow, AND Monetize your Food Blog.
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.