Fermented Strawberry Soda Recipe
Hi Sweet Friends,
Today, I’m sharing a Fermented Strawberry Soda Recipe which makes a Probiotic-Rich Homemade Effervescent Drink.
Homemade fermented sodas, such as Fermented Strawberry Soda, are easy to make and offer a probiotic-rich alternative to the sodas sold at the grocery store. Plus, since they are rich in probiotics, homemade sodas support good gut health, which scientists tell us is part of supporting overall good health. To start, you’ll need a “Ginger Bug,” so if you don’t already have one made, be sure to watch the How to Make a Ginger Bug for Making Probiotic Rich Fermented Drinks video.
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Fermented Strawberry Soda Recipe (Video)
- 6 cups Sliced Strawberries That will yield about 2 cups of juice
- 1/3 cup White cane sugar
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- 1/4 cup Ginger bug See related video at https://youtu.be/-5On9AsrWVw
- 2 cups Chlorine-free water
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Pass pureed strawberry mixture through a strainer into a large bowl.
- Add ginger bug and enough water to the strawberry mixture to create 4 cups of liquid.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to a quart size canning jar with a lid. Tighten lid.
- Store strawberry mixture in a warm place out of direct sunlight and loosen lid each to release some of the carbon dioxide gas that will build up.
- After 2 days, begin checking soda to see if it has the carbonation and sweetness that you like. If so, it is ready to enjoy. You can chill it in the fridge, drink it at room temperature, or pour it over ice. Any soda that is left can be stored in the refrigerator, but it will lose its carbonation over time.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Homemade Soda Making Supplies:
- Swing-Top Bottles
- Glass Bottles with Screw Tops
- Quart Size Wide Mouth Glass Jars
- Quart Size Wide Mouth Storage Lids
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.