How to Make Iodine Rich Fish Stew for Good Thyroid Health
Hi Sweet Friends,
Fish Stew is rich in Iodine and supports Good Thyroid Health. This fish stew is easy to make and comes together in minutes. Fish Stew is ideal for a weeknight meal.
Instead of cutting up an expensive filet of fish, use reasonably-priced fish scraps for the perfect fish stew. Be sure to check with your fishmonger for some “bits and bobs” of white fish scraps.
And if you want to order some tasty and affordably-priced wild fish chunks online from Vital Choice Seafood and Organics, be sure to use discount promocode VCAFINT at checkout for 10% off site wide and free shipping on orders $99+.
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Iodine-Rich Fish Stew
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium Yellow onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coarse ground Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup White vermouth or white wine
- 2 pounds White fish cut into chunks (I used halibut in the video)
- 1 bunch Flat-Leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 15 ounce Can crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups Fish bone broth, warmed homemade or store-bought
- Saute onions in butter and olive oil with salt and both peppers in a large soup pot. Once onions are translucent, deglaze pan with white vermouth and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add fish and quickly saute for about 1 minute, just to cook exterior of fish.
- Add parsley and tomatoes to pot and stir well to mix.
- Add warm fish bone broth to pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Ladle fish stew into individual serving bowls and serve with crusty baguette slices. Enjoy!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Bone Broth Making Supplies:
- 16-Quart Stock Pot
- 8-Quart Stock Pot
- 7-Quart Slow Cooker
- 8-Quart Slow Cooker
- 10-Quart Slow Cooker
- Fat Separator
- Stainless Steel Strainer
- Flour Sack Towels
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.