Cinnamon Spiced Apple and Pear Fruit Compote Recipe
A Delightful Mixture of Sweetened Apples and Pears
Hi Sweet Friends,
When the Fall season arrives, I love making recipes that make use of the bountiful variety of apples and pears that grace the produce section of my local grocery store. This fruit compote combines these two fruits into a delightfully sweet mixture that is equally at home topped on breakfast oatmeal or pancakes, as it is spooned over a pound cake for dessert…or simply eaten all by itself with a dollop of whipped cream.
Watch this YouTube video as I walk you through the step-by-step process of making fruit compote.
|How to Make Fruit Scrap Vinegar (VIDEO)|
|How to Make Homemade Applesauce Using a Food Mill (VIDEO)|
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Apple and Pear Fruit Compote
- 8 Apples any variety
- 8 Pears any variety
- 1 cup Dried fruit any type or mixture
- 1 Lemon juiced with pulp and zest
- 1/2 cup Dried cane juice or other sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger, ground
- Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Water
- Peel and Core all the fruit. Quarter each piece of fruit and chop each quarter into 6 bite-sized pieces. Add fruit to a medium-sized heavy bottom.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring the mixture to a medium simmer. Once the mixture reaches a simmer, turn down to low and allow to simmer on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour turn off the heat and allow to cool. Once cool, decant to a container and refrigerate. The mixture should stay fresh refrigerated for one week to 10 days.
Notice: Use caution when following this recipe and the accompanying method, or any recipe and method described here and on this website. The author and publisher will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website.Find this recipe and video at https://marysnest.com/recipe/cinnamon-spiced-apple-and-pear-fruit-compote-recipe-video/ Copyright © 2018 Mary’s Nest, LLC, All Rights Reserved
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.
Notice: Use caution when following this recipe and the accompanying method, or any recipe and method described here and on this website. The author and publisher will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website.