Fermented Ginger Ale Recipe – A Probiotic Rich Homemade Soda for Good Gut Health
Hi Sweet Friends,
Today, I’m sharing a recipe for Fermented Ginger Ale. This is a Probiotic-Rich Homemade Soda that is wonderful for Good Gut Health.
Homemade fermented sodas, such as Fermented Ginger Ale, are easy to make and offer a probiotic-rich alternative to the sodas sold at the grocery store. Plus, since they are rich in probiotics, homemade sodas support good gut health, which scientists tell us is part of supporting overall good health. To start, you’ll need a “Ginger Bug,” so if you don’t already have one made, be sure to watch the How to Make a Ginger Bug for Making Probiotic Rich Fermented Drinks video.
Also, Do you know about our Facebook group? It’s called Mary’s Nest Modern Pioneers. Come join us! We have a lot of fun chatting about Traditional Foods.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Homemade Fermented Ginger Ale (Video)
- 4 inch piece Fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 cups Water
- 1/3 cup Dried cane juice (sugar) White cane sugar can be substituted but add 1 teaspoon of molasses
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Ginger bug See related video at https://youtu.be/-5On9AsrWVw
- Add chopped ginger to a saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil then turn down to a high simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and stir in sugar until it dissolves.
- Strain liquid in saucepan into a 4-cup measuring cup or bowl using a mesh strainer to catch the ginger.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature and then add ginger bug and stir well.
- Decant mixture into a jar and put on a lid and allow to ferment for 2 - 6 days. Loosen lid each day to release fermentation gas that will build up in jar. Once the desired level of carbonation and flavor have been achieved, refrigerate.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Homemade Soda Making Supplies:
- Swing-Top Bottles
- Glass Bottles with Screw Tops
- Quart Size Wide Mouth Glass Jars
- Quart Size Wide Mouth Storage Lids
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.