How to Cook Beef Liver (Your Kids Will Love!)
Learn How to Cook Beef Liver that Your Kids Will Love! And serve these tasty little “nuggets” with probiotic-rich fermented ketchup for the perfect nutrient-rich meal!
Liver That Actually Tastes Delicious!
Encouraging children to eat liver, especially beef liver, can sometimes be very challenging. But with this recipe, you’ll turn bite-sized pieces of liver into crunchy morsels that your kids will eat right up—one after the other!
Buttermilk to the Rescue
Yes, frying the beef liver helps tremendously, but sometimes even a good batter dip can’t hide the strong flavor of this organ meat. That’s where the buttermilk comes in.
With a good soak, the liver’s flavor will soften and be almost undetectable once batter dipped and fried. This is great news if you have kids who have turned their nose up to liver in the past. But that’s all about to change when you bring this liver to the table!
More Nutrient-Rich Recipes
Once you conquer beef liver, it will be time to introduce your kids to bone marrow. Yes, bone marrow! And you know what? They’re going to love it! Nutrient Rich Foods here we come! 😉
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Fried Beef Liver Nuggets
- 1 pound Beef liver, partially frozen
- Beef tallow Enough to fill pot one inch
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Cut beef liver with a serrated knife into 2-inch pieces.
- Place liver pieces into buttermilk, and soak for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove liver pieces from the buttermilk and roll in flour.
- Dip dusted liver back into buttermilk and then roll in flour again.
- Place liver pieces on a baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack.
- Place enough tallow in a heavy bottom pot, so that when it is melted, it measures at least 1 inch from the bottom.
- Melt tallow to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place four pieces of liver in heated fat and fry until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Remove fried livers from pot and place to drain on a paper towel or cooling rack placed over a baking sheet. Sprinkle fried livers with salt.
- Repeat process until or livers pieces have been fried.
- Serve immediately with Fermented Ketchup.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Frying Supplies:
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.