Simple Fermented Ketchup Recipe That Tastes Like Store Bought
Learn how to make this healthy and simple fermented ketchup recipe, which is a great way to introduce fermented foods into your diet – and your family’s diet too! It’s an easy recipe and it tastes like store bought!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Naturally Fermented and Probiotic-Rich
All you need to do to make this simple fermented ketchup recipe is to learn how to ferment tomato paste.
This lacto-fermented ketchup is probiotic rich, delicious, and so much better than what you can find at the grocery store. This is a natural fermentation recipe that creates a homemade ketchup that is rich in flavor. And it’s easy to make too!
More Fermented Foods Recipes
Once you make fermented ketchup, here are more fermented food recipes that you’ll enjoy.
I also talk about how you can tackle fermenting problems so you can ferment vegetables successfully.
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks.
In the following members-only video, I talk about Surprising Differences Between Mainstream and Traditional Super Foods.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Probiotic Rich Fermented Ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Cloves, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 1/4 cup Dried cane juice (whole sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Whey
- 1/3 cup Non-chlorinated water
- Place all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Add additional water to thin consistency, if needed.
- Transfer mixed ingredients to a clean quart-sized jar. Put a lid on the jar and place the jar in a warm place out of direct sunlight. Burp the jar each day to allow for the release of carbon dioxide that will build up in the jar during the lacto-fermentation process.
- Once you begin to notice some bubbling or foam appearing on top of the ketchup, it is ready to be refrigerated. It should stay fresh for about 6 months.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Fermented Food Making Supplies
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (promo code below for these products)
- Silicone Pickle Pipes
- Fermentation Glass Weights
- Wooden Pounder
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (promo code below)
- Mockmill Grain Grinder and Whole Grains (promo code below)
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including Ancient Grains, like Einkorn, Emmer, and Spelt. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my beef bones, electric grain mills, sprouted grains, and more…and get special discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill, Masontops, and Cultures for Health.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.