Simple Fermented Ketchup Recipe That Tastes Like Store Bought
Hi Sweet Friends,
Learn how to make this healthy and simple fermented ketchup recipe, which is a great way to introduce fermented foods into your diet – and your family’s diet too! It’s an easy recipe and it tastes like store bought!
All you need to do to make this simple fermented ketchup recipe is to learn how to ferment tomato paste.
This lacto-fermented ketchup is probiotic rich, delicious, and so much better than what you can find at the grocery store. This is a natural fermentation recipe that creates a homemade ketchup that is rich in flavor. And it’s easy to make too!
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Probiotic Rich Fermented Ketchup (Video)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Cloves, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 1/4 cup Dried cane juice (whole sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Whey
- 1/3 cup Non-chlorinated water
- Place all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Add additional water to thin consistency, if needed.
- Transfer to a clean quart sized jar and put a lid on the jar and place the jar in a warm place out of direct sunlight. Burp the jar each day to allow for the release of carbon dioxide that will build up in the jar during the lacto-fermentation process.
- Once you begin to notice some bubbling or foam appearing on top of the ketchup, it is ready to be refrigerated. It should stay fresh for about 6 months.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Fermented Food Making Supplies:
- Mason Tops Complete Fermentation Kit
- Silicone Pickle Pipes
- Fermentation Glass Weights
- Wooden Pounder
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.