How to Make Fermented Salsa – Step-by-Step Tutorial for Beginners
Hi Sweet Friends,
Today, I am sharing how to make Fermented Salsa with step-by-step instructions. Salsa is a popular condiment that so many of us keep in our fridge and probably reach for as much as we reach for ketchup.
Unfortunately, what we buy in the store has been cooked and in many ways has lost some of its nutrition. But when you make your own salsa at home, you can lacto-ferment it to make a wonderful probiotic-rich fermented food that is not only delicious but is great for good gut health too. It’s the best of all worlds!
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Homemade Fermented Salsa (Video)
- 3 cups Tomatoes, chopped Chop into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium Onion, chopped Chop into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 handful Parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 Jalapeño peppers, minced* Seeds and membrane can be removed for less "heat"
- 1 Lime, juiced You can also add the zest, if you wish
- 1 tablespoon Coarse ground Celtic sea salt If using fine ground sea salt, reduce to 1/2 tablespoon
- Mix all ingredients together, except salt.
- Pack into a quart-sized jar. Pack down mixture as you are adding it to the jar. Add salt and stir slightly to distribute.
- Place weight on top of mixture. Put lid on jar.
- If using a lid--other than those made specifically for fermenting--be sure to "burp" the jar each day by loosening the lid and then retightening it.
- After two days, you should begin to see bubbles forming in the jar. Check the taste. If you are happy with the taste, refrigerate the salsa. Does it have some "fizz?" Have the vegetables softened a bit but still have a bit of crunch? If not, allow it to ferment further.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Fermented Food Making Supplies:
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.