How to Make Easy Homemade Fermented Mustard – 3 Tasty Recipes!
Hi Sweet Friends,
Homemade Fermented Mustard is so easy and inexpensive to make. And here are 3 Tasty Recipes!
You can use this Easy Homemade Fermented Mustard the same way you would use any mustard. It’s great on a sandwich, hot dog, corn dog, or used in making your favorite french vinaigrette recipe.
In this video, I show you how to make 3 tasty varieties: a basic yellow mustard, a stone ground mustard, and a honey mustard. And all these varieties are lacto-fermented, making them rich in probiotics that are great for good gut health! But that’s only the beginning. Use your imagination to come up with all different types of blends. Homemade fermented mustards also make great gifts, and since they’re lacto-fermented, the probiotics are an extra added bonus!
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Easy Homemade Fermented Mustard - 3 Tasty Recipes
- 1 1/4 cup Ground yellow mustard powder
- 1/4 cup Mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons Honey light tasting pourable honey
- 3 teaspoons Fine ground sea salt
- Filtered water chlorine free
- For the Yellow Mustard: 1/2 cup mustard powder 3 tbsp. whey 1 tsp. salt Mix all ingredients together, stir well, and thin to desired consistency with water.
- For the Stone Ground Mustard: 1/2 cup mustard powder 1/4 cup mustard seeds 6 tbsp. whey 1 1/2 tsp. salt Crush mustard seeds in a plastic bag or grind slightly in an electric spice mill. Add to other ingredients, mix well, and thin to desired consistency with water.
- For the Honey Mustard: 1/4 cup mustard powder 3 tbsp. honey 1 1/2 tbsp. whey 1/2 tsp. salt Mix all ingredients together, stir well, and thin to desired consistency with water, if necessary. (I generally find that Honey Mustard does not need any additional water.)
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Fermented Food Making Supplies:
- Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit
- Silicone Pickle Pipes
- Fermentation Glass Weights
- Wooden Pounder
- Magic Whisk
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.