Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make Easy Homemade Fermented Mustard – 3 Tasty Recipes!
Homemade Fermented Mustard is so easy and inexpensive to make, and in this video, I show you how to make three tasty recipes:
- Basic yellow mustard
- Stone ground mustard
- Honey mustard
Lacto-fermented Mustards Rich in Probiotics
All of the varieties that I show you how to make in my video and printable recipe are lacto-fermented, making them rich in probiotics. These probiotics are great for good gut health, but that’s only the beginning. Use your imagination to come up with all different types of mustard blends.
You can use this easy homemade fermented mustard the same way you would use any mustard. It’s great on sandwiches, hot dogs, and corn dogs. You can also use your fermented mustard to make your favorite french vinaigrette recipe.
Homemade fermented mustards also make great gifts, and since they’re lacto-fermented, the probiotics are an added bonus!
Now that you know how to make fermented mustard, try making these other fermented condiments for your dinner or picnic table.
And while you’re enjoying a sandwich or a meal with your fermented condiments, add some crisp fermented pickles too!
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Easy Homemade Fermented Mustard – 3 Tasty Recipes
- 1 1/4 cup Ground yellow mustard powder
- 1/4 cup Mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons Honey light tasting pourable honey
- 3 teaspoons Fine ground sea salt
- Filtered water chlorine free
- Use 1/2 cup mustard powder, 3 tbsp. whey, and 1 tsp. salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together, stir well, and thin to desired consistency with water.
Stone Ground Mustard
- Use 1/2 cup mustard powder, 1/4 cup mustard seeds, 6 tbsp. whey, and 1 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Crush mustard seeds in a plastic bag or grind slightly in an electric spice mill.
- Add to the other ingredients, mix well, and thin to desired consistency with water.
- Use 1/4 cup mustard powder, 3 tbsp. honey, 1 1/2 tbsp. whey, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together, stir well, and thin to desired consistency with water, if necessary. (I generally find that Honey Mustard does not need any additional water.)
Fermentation Process for All Mustards
- Leave mustards in a warm place out of direct sunlight for approximately 2-3 days, then refrigerate.
- Mustards should stay fresh, refrigerated, for at least 6 months.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Fermentation Supplies
- Half Gallon Canning Jars
- 4-Ounce Jelly Jars
- White Storage Lids
- pH Strips
- Masontops Complete Fermentation Kit (See promocode below.)
- Silicone Pickle Pipes
- Fermentation Glass Weights
- Wooden Pickle Packer
- Wooden Kraut Pounder
- Magic Whisk (Helps with whisking the mustards)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.