Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make Homemade Mayonnaise in One Minute
Homemade Mayonnaise in 1 minute? Really? You Bet! Not only is this mayonnaise easy and fast to make, but it’s also delicious and nutritious thanks to a wonderful blend of oils.
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Troubling Ingredients in Store-Bought Mayo
I have never been satisfied with the mayonnaise that I can find at the grocery store. Don’t get me wrong. Some of them taste great. But it’s the ingredients that really trouble me.
So many of the store bought mayos are made with soybean oil. And that is one highly-processed oil I really try to avoid in my diet because it is highly processed.
Is Making Mayo Difficult?
However, making homemade mayo can present such a chore. It all begins with hauling out the food processor. And to me, that signals there is a big job ahead!
Next, then the process of streaming in the oil always seems to take so long. Plus, it’s easy to pour the oil too quickly. All that does is create a big oily mess of “broken” mayo.
Easier Way to Make Homemade Mayonnaise
The good news is that there is a much easier way to make homemade mayonnaise. And it involves using an immersion blender. You may also know it as a stick blender or hand blender.
Thanks so this technique, you can have a cups worth of mayo ready in about one minute! And cleanup is a snap. Make the mayonnaise in the jar you plan to store it in so all you have to wash is the bottom part of the immersion blender. It couldn’t be easier!
Which Oil is Best for Homemade Mayonnaise?
As you get your jar and immersion blender ready, you need to think about the choice of oil or oils that you will want to use to make your mayo. My favorite combination is one part of each of the following ingredients:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil (un-toasted)
I love that this combination includes a nice variety of nutrients.
Can I Use Avocado Oil to Make Mayo?
But there are so many options of healthy oils to choose from to make mayonnaise. All avocado is a popular choice. The final product can have a bit of a strong flavor for me though. So if I use avocado oil I like to mix it with sesame oil to lighten the flavor a bit.
Be sure try lots of different oils to find your favorite combination!
Learn More About the Different Oils
So be sure to watch my How To Make Homemade Mayonnaise in One Minute With An Immersion Blender video to learn more and get started making your own today!
Fermented Condiment Recipe Videos
After you make homemade mayonnaise, be sure to try making these fermented condiments that are rich in probiotics!
If you ever have problems with fermentation, check out my video on how to ferment vegetables successfully.
Masontops Mason Jar Fermentation Kit Discount Coupon
Although you don’t need any special equipment to start making ferments, the Masontops kit can help you simplify the process and enable you to create your ferment successfully. In my Masontops unboxing video, I show you my Masontops Complete Mason Jar Fermentation Kit and go over everything the kit includes.
- Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com. (This is not a sponsored post. Masontops provided me with a special discount code for my viewers. I like their products, and I think you will too.)
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
In the following members-only video, I talk about the Importance of Cooking with Traditional Fats: Butter and Ghee.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Trending Posts on Mary’s Nest
Homemade Mayonnaise in 1 minute
- 1 large Egg or two small eggs
- 1 tablespoon Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil liquified to room temperature
- 1/3 cup Sesame oil
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Whey optional
- Put all ingredients into a jar. If you want, you may also add whey.
- Place an immersion blender into the jar so that the bottom of the blender is on top of the egg and touching the bottom of the jar.
- Turn on the immersion blender and blend for 20-30 seconds and watch as the mixture emulsifies.
- Next, move the immersion blender up and down for another 20-30 seconds to make sure that all the oil is incorporated into the mixture
- Remove the immersion blender from the jar and refrigerate the mayonnaise. The mayonnaise will stay fresh refrigerated for 2 weeks.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Immersion Blender
- Glass Jars with Gasket Clamp Lids
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
More Kitchen Supplies with Discount Codes
Mockmill Grain Grinder (for making homemade flour)
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover's Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes.
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
Disclaimer:I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.