Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Dairy Free Ice Cream – Ready in 5 Minutes!
Here is a Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipe that’s Ready in 5 Minutes. You can enjoy this Homemade Ice Cream immediately as a soft serve or freeze it for one hour to enjoy later.
Why Dairy Free Ice Cream?
I love real ice cream, and I enjoy it from time to time, especially during our sweltering central Texas summers. But I have heard from many of you that you can’t tolerate dairy for one reason or another. You may find that dairy is a bit difficult to digest, or you may be lactose intolerant. Whatever the case may be, it’s nice to enjoy a creamy treat now and again without digestive upset. Enter dairy-free ice cream!
What to Use in Place of Milk?
I have seen many recipes for dairy-free ice creams, but they often contain lots of ingredients, including some hard-to-find ingredients. Plus, the process of making these other recipes often involve multiple steps and lots of time. Then one day, while my husband and I were reading the newspaper (yes, we actually still read the printed paper!) over morning coffee, my husband passed me the cooking section. And there it was! A 5-minute dairy free ice cream that had less than 5 easy to find ingredients. I had hit the jackpot!
What was the magical ingredient that made this dairy free treat easily attainable? Canned coconut milk. This ingredient is readily available at most grocery stores, and it’s easy to keep in the pantry whenever you have a craving to make this dessert.
This recipe’s other two main ingredients are very common and are found in most kitchens: fruit and honey. There were a few other additions that were more or less optional to customize the flavor of the ice cream, such as vanilla extract, citrus juice and zest, and more, but the basic recipe called for coconut milk, fruit, and honey. That’s it! (See my printable recipe to discover how I customized my dessert.)
And Better Yet – It’s Fast to Make!
The best thing about this dairy free ice cream recipe is that it literally comes together in minutes—about 5 minutes to be exact. In my recipe video, I show you the luscious “soft-serve” ice cream that this recipe quickly produces. But if you like something a bit firmer—more akin to what you might find at your local grocery—just chill the dessert in your freezer for about 1 hour. It will be perfect!
Now that you’ve learned how to make this easy dairy free ice cream, be sure to check out these other easy desserts that are equally delicious!
If you would like to learn how to make your own homemade vanilla extract to flavor your dairy free ice cream or other sweet treats, be sure to check out the video below. (And if you like the idea of making your own flavored extracts, I have lots more that you can also make homemade!)
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
5-Minute Dairy-Free Ice Cream
- Freezer Proof Container
- 1 pound Strawberries – washed, sliced, and frozen
- 1/3 cup Canned coconut milk, very cold Canned coconut milk may sometimes be labeled "coconut cream."
- 1/4 cup Honey, pourable Alternatively, you can use maple syrup.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. You do not need a high-speed blender, but the process will go faster if you use one.
- Begin to blend all the ingredients together, starting on a low speed and working up to a higher speed.
- Stop the blender every minute to push ingredients down the sides and mix well.
- After 5 minutes of being blended, the mixture should have the consistency of a soft-serve ice cream.
- If you want a firmer ice cream, transfer it to a freezer-proof container and allow your dessert to chill in the freezer for 1 hour. (See video.)
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Ice Cream Making Supplies
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.