No Bake Cheesecake Recipe with a Graham Cracker Crust – Perfect Every Time!
Today, I am sharing an easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe for the perfect summertime dessert. And if you live in the United States, this cheesecake is the quintessential Red, White, and Blue Independence Day dessert for your 4th of July celebration when you decorate it with blueberries and strawberries!
No Bake Cheesecake for an Effortless Dessert
Living in central Texas, I welcome any type of dessert that does not involve turning on the oven. With our outside temperatures reaching 100°F, I like to avoid having to create baked goods during the summertime. But I love cheesecake, and this no bake version makes the perfect dessert for the month of July.
Plus, this cheesecake is rich in probiotics, thanks to the yogurt. And you know how I am always stressing getting more probiotics into our diets with cultured dairy and ferments. With my recipe video, we can get good bacteria into our gut by eating dessert. It’s a win-win!
Homemade Cheesecake Ingredients
If you have been with me awhile, you may recall that I showed you how to make yogurt and how to take that yogurt to make cream cheese. So if all you have on hand is milk, you can still make this recipe. Since this printable recipe calls for both Greek yogurt and cream cheese, you can:
- Make your yogurt
- Strain the yogurt to make the Greek version, and
- Use some of your homemade Greek yogurt to make the cream cheese
Let Your Refrigerator Do the Work
For this cheesecake, all you have to do is press some cookie or cracker crumbs into a pan and then pour in your batter. And the batter literally takes only minutes to whip together. Afterward, pop your creation into the fridge and chill for about 8 hours. Then voilà! Cheesecake!
Perfect for Independence Day!
If you’re living here in the United States, you can decorate this cheesecake to your heart’s content using lots of strawberries and blueberries for a patriotic treat that’s perfect for any 4th of July dessert table.
But given the beautiful blank canvass that this cheesecake offers, you can decorate the top of the dessert with anything you like. A drizzle of melted chocolate and some chocolate shavings would be deliciously decadent!
More Recipe Videos
If you’d like to make the ingredients homemade for this no bake cheesecake, check out the following videos.
To help you celebrate July 4th, here are more recipes from Colonial America.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
No Bake Cheesecake
- Springform pan, tart pan, or pie plate
- 2 cups Cookie crumbs or cracker crumbs If using unsweetened crackers, add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8 ounce Cream cheese bars, room temperature If you are using homemade cream cheese, you will need 2 cups of cream cheese. Also, if you use homemade cream cheese that is unsalted, you will need to add a pinch of salt.
- 3/4 cup Confectioners sugar (also known as powdered sugar or icing sugar) You can increase the amount of sugar to 1 cup for a sweeter cheesecake or decrease to 1/2 cup for a less sweet cheesecake.
- 1 cup Full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract You can use homemade vanilla extract.
- 1 cup Heavy cream, whipped
- Fresh fruit, optional To decorate that cheesecake as pictured, you will need fresh strawberries and fresh blueberries.
- Mix crumbs with melted butter and press evenly onto the bottom of your desired pan. Come up the sides of the pan approximately 1 inch. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients except for the heavy cream and fresh fruit. Beat the mixture on high with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. If mixing your ingredients by hand, the process will take about 5 minutes or more. Make sure that your "batter" is completely smooth and lump-free.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese "batter" until completely incorporated.
- Remove your pan with the crumb crust from your refrigerator and pour in the "batter." Smooth the top of the poured batter and then cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Make sure you do not touch the top of the "batter" when you cover it. Place the pan back into the refrigerator and allow the cheesecake to chill for 8 hours or more.
- After the chilling time as passed, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator, decorate, and serve immediately. If you do not serve all of the cheesecake at this time, return it to the refrigerator to keep cold. Cheesecake will stay fresh, refrigerated, up to three days.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Cooking Supplies
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more…and learn about Special Discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.