How to Make a Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail
Learn how to make a Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail using this simple flavor combination to create a delightfully sweet and tangy nonalcoholic beverage that’s perfect to serve at your next party.
Enjoy This Drinking Vinegar
A Shrub was a common beverage served in the 1700s here in the United States and has recently had a resurgence in popularity thanks to the “Drinking Vinegars” now being sold at grocery stores and specialty stores. And that’s just what a Shrub is! It’s a combination of fresh fruit, vinegar, and some type of sweetener. And if you use raw vinegar, you’ll turn this Shrub into a probiotic-rich beverage!
Plus, you’ll be pleased to know that a Shrub is very easy to make and can be customized with any combination of flavors that suits your fancy! So be sure to give making one a try so you’ll have this refreshing beverage to quench your thirst during these hot summer days. And as you sip this Shrub, maybe you can relax, put your feet up, close your eyes, and imagine that you are enjoying this drink with George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin!
Now that you know how to make a Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail, try these other recipes too!
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail
- 2 cups Pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Honey preferably raw
- 2 cups Apple cider vinegar preferably raw
- Put the pineapple cubes into a clean half-gallon jar and mash the pineapple with a wooden spoon or pounder to release the juices.
- Add the mint leaves to the jar and mix with the pineapple.
- Pour the honey into the jar and mix with the pineapple and mint.
- Pour the vinegar into the jar, stir everything together, and then place a cap on the jar and shake vigorously to mix well.
- At this point, you can refrigerate the mixture in the jar to allow the flavors to blend and deepen or you can prepare to strain it.
- If you are ready to strain the mixture, place a mesh strainer over a bowl or large measuring cup. Press on the mixture in the strainer until all the liquid has strained through into the bowl or measuring cup.
- Transfer the liquid into a clean jar and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- If you are ready to use the liquid, take a large drinking glass and fill it with ice. Next, take 1/4 cup of the liquid and pour it into the glass, then fill the glass with plain water or sparkling water up to the rim of the glass. The Shrub is now ready to drink.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Supplies for Making Fermented Drinks
- Half Gallon Mason Jars
- Wide Mouth Canning Jar Storage Lids
- Wooden Pestle/Pounder (See the Masontops discount code below.)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more…and learn about Special Discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.