Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Learn how to make a Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail using this simple flavor combination. You’ll create a delightfully sweet and tangy nonalcoholic beverage that’s perfect to serve at your next party.
Table of Contents
- Enjoy This Drinking Vinegar
- Strawberry Shrub Drink Recipe
- Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar
- Homemade Electrolyte Drink Recipe
- More Beverage Recipes
- Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
- The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
- Kitchen Academy Videos
- Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail Recipe
Enjoy This Drinking Vinegar
A Shrub was a common beverage served in the 1700s here in the United States and has recently had a resurgence in popularity thanks to the “Drinking Vinegars” now being sold at grocery stores and specialty stores.
And that’s just what a Shrub is! It’s a combination of fresh fruit, vinegar, and some type of sweetener. And if you use raw vinegar, you’ll turn this Shrub into a probiotic-rich beverage!
Plus, you’ll be pleased to know that a Shrub is easy to make and can be customized with any combination of flavors that suits your fancy! So be sure to give making one a try so you’ll have this refreshing beverage to quench your thirst during these hot summer days.
And as you sip this Shrub, maybe you can relax, put your feet up, close your eyes, and imagine that you are enjoying this drink with George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin!
Strawberry Shrub Drink Recipe
Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar
To make your Pineapple Shrub Mocktail, you’ll need apple cider vinegar, preferably raw. In the following series of recipe videos, I show you how to make homemade apple cider vinegar. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make!
Homemade Electrolyte Drink Recipe
Update: If you’re looking for a modern-day energy drink, I show you how to make a homemade electrolyte powder. You can use this powder to create a refreshing sports drink or an elegant spa water.
More Beverage Recipes
Now that you know how to make a Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail, try these other drink recipes too!
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
Are you transitioning from a processed foods kitchen to a traditional foods kitchen? If so, I have the perfect eBook for you! Download your free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List and get a comprehensive list of the foods you can make and obtain for your Four Corners Pantry.
And if you’re looking for a printed book full of my traditional foods recipes that shows you how to create a traditional foods kitchen, be sure to preorder your copy of my new book, The Modern Pioneer Cookbook.
Order YOUR COPY Now!
The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
Seasonal ingredients, traditional techniques, and nourishing recipes. Over 85 traditional, from-scratch recipes! Discover for yourself how you can use simple ingredients and traditional techniques to cook the modern pioneer way.
Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
I share upcoming recipes and what I have planned for my Mary’s Nest YouTube channel in 2024.
During this month’s members-only live stream, we talked about a variety of topics, including a preview of upcoming videos.
I talk about the people I met at this year’s conference and share some behind-the-scenes of my new cookbook.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Pineapple Mint Shrub Mocktail
- 2 cups Pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Honey preferably raw
- 2 cups Apple cider vinegar preferably raw
- Put the pineapple cubes into a clean half-gallon jar and mash the pineapple with a wooden spoon or pounder to release the juices.
- Add the mint leaves to the jar and mix with the pineapple.
- Pour the honey into the jar and mix with the pineapple and mint.
- Pour the vinegar into the jar, stir everything together, and then place a cap on the jar and shake vigorously to mix well.
- At this point, you can refrigerate the mixture in the jar to allow the flavors to blend and deepen or you can prepare to strain it.
- If you are ready to strain the mixture, place a mesh strainer over a bowl or large measuring cup. Press on the mixture in the strainer until all the liquid has strained through into the bowl or measuring cup.
- Transfer the liquid into a clean jar and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- If you are ready to use the liquid, take a large drinking glass and fill it with ice. Next, take 1/4 cup of the liquid and pour it into the glass, then fill the glass with plain water or sparkling water up to the rim of the glass. The Shrub is now ready to drink.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Supplies for Making Fermented Drinks
- Half Gallon Mason Jars
- Wide Mouth Canning Jar Storage Lids
- Wooden Pestle/Pounder (See the Masontops discount code below.)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
More Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
- Mockmill Grain Grinder and Whole Grains (including Einkorn, Emmer, and Spelt)
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover's Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.