Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Make Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine
Today I am sharing How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Machine. This is the easiest way to create the richest homemade ice cream you’ve ever had! And best of all, once you make this basic ice cream, you can turn it into any flavor that you want.
In this video, I make homemade chocolate ice cream using organic cocoa powder, but I also share lots of ideas for other options.
Store Bought Ice Cream vs. Homemade
Store bought ice cream can be a welcome treat on hot summer days, but Homemade Ice Cream is even better. But if you don’t have an ice cream machine, you may be wondering exactly how to make ice cream.
Basically, you start with two simple ingredients: heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. If you decide to make your own sweetened condensed milk, all the better! As a result of making homemade sweetened condensed milk, you can control the amount of sugar that you add. Either way, with sweetened condensed milk from a can or your homemade version, this ice cream will be refreshing and delicious.
Let’s Get Started!
The steps to making Homemade Ice Cream couldn’t be easier. First, you whip the heavy cream and then you fold in the sweetened condensed milk. This base is known as Sweet Cream ice cream, but it can be turned into any flavor you like. In this recipe, I decided to make chocolate ice cream since that is my husband’s favorite flavor!
So I stirred in a bit of vanilla extract. Yes, everything is better with a little vanilla extract—Even chocolate ice cream. Next, I added in some organic cocoa powder. And then I mixed everything together and poured it into a freezer-safe bowl to chill for at least 4 hours.
Ideas for Topping Homemade Ice Cream
Once the ice cream is fully chilled, it’s time to scoop some into a bowl to enjoy. How about adding a little crunch?
For example, you can sprinkle a little something on top of your ice cream, like my Sugar Free Granola. Yes, sugar free…I like to think that I am saving a few calories to offset those in the ice cream! 😉 But just in case you prefer your granola in a bar, I share a simple recipe for making Sweet and Salty Granola Bars that are scrumptious!
Whose That Handsome Fellow?
Be sure to check out the end of the video where I have someone very special join me for a taste test! Does he give the ice cream a thumbs up? Come find out! 🙂
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Homemade Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Machine
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cocoa powder preferably organic
- Whip cream until it reaches a state of stiff peaks.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into whipping cream and blend until incorporated.
- If making chocolate ice cream, add the vanilla and cocoa powder and blend until incorporated.
- Pour into a freezer-proof dish and place into freezer. Chill for at least 4 hours or until firm.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for Stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and Equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and more!
Favorite Ice Cream Making Supplies:
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.