Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make Fast No Knead Sourdough Bread
Watch this video for a fast and foolproof No Knead Sourdough Bread recipe that you can make in one day. No overnight rise is necessary! It’s the perfect recipe for beginner bakers.
There is nothing like home-baked bread. This No Knead Sourdough Bread Recipe is the perfect bread to get everyone running into the kitchen for a slice. Follow the foolproof steps in my video to quickly make and bake homemade bread. Then slather a slice with butter, and you’re all set to enjoy!
Learn more about how to make sourdough bread with the following tutorial videos.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
How to Make Fast No Knead Sourdough
- 1/2 cup Fed sourdough starter
- 1 cup Filtered water
- 3 cups Bread flour Preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- Measure 1/2 cup sourdough starter into a bowl and add 1 cup water. Mix well.
- In a second bowl, add 3 cups bread flour and the salt. Whisk well to distribute the salt with the flour.
- Pour the starter mixture into the bowl with the flour and salt.
- Use your hand to mix well in a roughly formed ball.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ball from the bowl and fold over a number of times and then form into a round. (See video)
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust with flour. Place round on the covered baking sheet. Dust the top of the dough with flour, cover with a cloth, and allow to rise 1 1/2 – 2 hours until double in size.
- While the dough is rising, place your Dutch oven with lid into your cooking oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
- When the dough has doubled in size on your covered baking sheet, remove your Dutch oven from your cooking oven. Your Dutch oven will be hot, so use potholders and be careful. Remove the Dutch oven lid. Lift parchment paper with dough on it and place the paper and dough into your Dutch oven. Place the lid back on and transfer your Dutch oven back into your cooking oven.
- Bake bread in your covered Dutch oven for 30 minutes.
- Next, remove lid from your Dutch oven and allow bread to continue baking inside your cooking oven for 5-10 minutes more until golden brown.
- Using pot holders, remove your Dutch oven from your cooking oven, and then continuing to use pot holders, remove bread from your Dutch oven by lifting it out using the parchment paper.
- Transfer bread on parchment paper to a cooling rack.
- Allow bread to cool, then slice with a serrated knife, and enjoy with butter.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Bread Making Supplies
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Disclaimer:I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.