Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy Member Update 2021
In today’s vodcast, I share my Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy Member Update for 2021. I have lots of fun and fascinating things in store for us as we continue our traditional foods journey!
Get to know more about these topics in the following blog post sections:
- Plans for this Coming Year
- Traditional Foods Homework for 2021
- Start Your Kitchen Journal in 2021
- More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
These conversational vodcasts are available to the Kitchen Pioneers who have joined my YouTube membership community—The Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
My comprehensive vodcasts are exclusively available to members of the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, who we call Kitchen Pioneers. You can learn more about my optional YouTube membership community, including members-only videos and exclusive perks.
This membership community is optional. I’m still publishing my weekly detailed instructional cooking videos on my public YouTube channel that you can watch for free. (Thanks so much for being a Sweet Friend and subscriber!)
In addition to links to the latest Kitchen Academy vodcasts, this blog post lists some of the public videos that I talk about in my vodcast.
Plans for this Coming Year
We’ve spent the last four months since I started this community focusing on the basics:
- How to stock our traditional foods pantries,
- How to equip our traditional foods kitchens, and
- Other general topics
As we go forward into 2021, I look forward to delving deep into each of the traditional foods topics, including:
- Bone broth
- Cultured dairy
- Sprouting, and
Plus, for this year, my main focus will be on preparing foods in their proper season. Eating seasonally is a boon to our digestion. So stay tuned, especially if you have been experiencing any digestive problems. Eating the right foods, properly prepared, in the right season might make all the difference in the world!
Traditional Foods Homework for 2021
Homework? I know what you’re thinking…you were sure that at the beginning of this post you read…”I have lots of fun and fascinating things in store for us…” No one said anything about homework!
Trust me, this is actually fun and in no way real work, especially if you love reading about traditional foods! So visit your local library, bookstore, or another retailer to make sure that you have a copy of Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.
Once you have your copy, take some time to read the Introduction. We’ll be spending a lot of time with this book. If you’re already familiar with Nourishing Traditions, you know that delving deep into the book’s subjects will be fun and fascinating! And if you are new to all of this, I guarantee that you will love what you learn!
Start Your Kitchen Journal in 2021
We will be spending a lot of time building our kitchen journals with all that we will learn together this year. So if you haven’t started your kitchen journal—and it can be as simple as a three-ring binder and some loose-leaf paper—be sure to pull the basics together now. You’ll fill it with all types of helpful information this year.
Not sure where to get started. No problem. I show you how in the video below.
And if you don’t already have your copy of my 36-page “How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry” eBook, be sure to download, print it, and add it to your kitchen journal.
More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
Catch up on some of the recent videos in our membership community:
- Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy video playlist (Optional Membership Community)
Remember that you’re always welcome to post questions and comments on my videos at any time, and I’m glad to reply.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Preorder The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This cookbook will be published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Fat Separator
- Favorite Aprons
In addition, the following links and promo codes will help you save on fermentation supplies and grain grinders.
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (See promocode below)
- Mockmill 100 Stone Grain Mill (See promocode below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including the new Flake Lover's Flaker. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!