Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
In today’s vodcast, I chat about the 10 Staples for the Traditional Foods Kitchen. And what do I mean by ten staples? These are the foods and food preparations that every traditional foods cook should be working into their repertoire as they progress on their traditional foods journey.
Get to know more about these topics in the following blog post sections:
These conversational vodcasts are available to the Kitchen Pioneers who have joined my YouTube membership community—The Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
My in-depth vodcasts are exclusively available to members of the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, who we call Kitchen Pioneers. You can learn more about my optional YouTube membership community, including members-only videos and exclusive perks.
This membership community is optional. I’m still publishing my weekly detailed instructional cooking videos on my public YouTube channel that you can watch for free. (Thanks so much for being a Sweet Friend and subscriber!)
In addition to links to the latest Kitchen Academy vodcasts, this blog post lists some of the public videos that I talk about in my vodcast.
The 10 Traditional Foods Staples
In my vodcast, I cover the importance of incorporating the following foods and food preparations into your meals:
- Healthy Fats
- Fermented Vegetables
- Pastured Beef or Chicken (or Eggs)
- Cultured Dairy
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (in season)
- Soured Grains and Sourdough Bread
- Bone Broth
- Soaked Beans and Legumes
- Soaked Nuts
- Oily Fish
Are you overwhelmed with this list? Don’t be. As I often say, if all you can do is roast a chicken and then use the bones to make bone broth, you’re on the right track!
But for those of you who have been on this journey with me for a while, as we venture forth into 2021, it’s time to start adding more traditional foods—properly prepared—into your meals. I explain how to do this and more in today’s vodcast. You can do this! And I’m here to help!
Recipe Videos for Traditional Foods Staples
Here are some of the recipe videos that I talk about in my vodcast:
More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
Catch up on some of the recent videos in our membership community:
- Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy video playlist (Optional Membership Community)
Remember that you’re always welcome to post questions and comments on my videos at any time, and I’m glad to reply.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Fat Separator
- Favorite Aprons
In addition, the following links and promo codes will help you save on fermentation supplies and grain grinders.
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (See promocode below)
- Mockmill 100 Stone Grain Mill (See promocode below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover's Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!