Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Today, I’m sharing a quick and easy salmon patties recipe that literally comes together in minutes. Plus, this recipe makes use of that canned salmon in your pantry that you have been wondering what to do with. And no matter what you call them….salmon patties or salmon cakes…these are moist, flavorful, and just simply delicious!
Table of Contents
A Pantry Staple: Canned Salmon
Canned fish of any kind is great to keep on hand in your pantry for preparing quick weeknight meals. But canned salmon is probably one of the most versatile canned fish to stock. You can turn it into a dip, top a salad with it, or create a crowd-pleasing favorite: salmon patties.
Perfect Weeknight Meal
Salmon Patties make a delicious weeknight meal because you can literally mix up the ingredients in minutes, shape the patties, and place them in a frying pan to cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Then, in the blink of an eye, dinner is ready!
More Fish Recipes
For more quick and easy recipes for using canned or fresh fish, be sure to check out these videos below:
My salmon patties recipe includes breadcrumbs. You can learn how to make bread crumbs in your kitchen with the following video.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
And if you’re looking for a printed book full of my traditional foods recipes that shows you how to create a traditional foods kitchen, be sure to preorder your copy of my new book, The Modern Pioneer Cookbook.
Order YOUR COPY Now!
The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
Seasonal ingredients, traditional techniques, and nourishing recipes. Over 85 traditional, from-scratch recipes! Discover for yourself how you can use simple ingredients and traditional techniques to cook the modern pioneer way.
Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
I chat about why it was important for me to create this comprehensive curriculum for students in grades K-12.
I share upcoming recipes and what I have planned for my Mary’s Nest YouTube channel in 2024.
During this month’s members-only live stream, we talked about a variety of topics, including a preview of upcoming videos.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Canned Salmon Patties
- 13-15 ounces Canned salmon
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Green onions, chopped Any type of onion can be used
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise Plus one extra tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Ghee, olive oil, or other fat suitable for sautéing
- Open can(s) of salmon and drain liquid if desired.
- Transfer salmon to a bowl and break into chunks using a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl, reserving 1/3 of the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, and mix gently to combine.
- Shape salmon mixture into 4 patties and rub each patty with a bit of mayonnaise and then coat with remaining 1/3 of bread crumbs.
- Melt ghee or other cooking fat in a frying pan on medium heat and then place each patty into the frying pan and saute each side for 3 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown. Serve immediately.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Canned Fish Making Supplies
- Lighthouse Apron
- Canned Wild-Caught Salmon
- Bariani Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cutting Board
- Santoku Knife
- Glass Bowl
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!