How to Make Fish Bone Broth in 45 Minutes
Today, I’m sharing a Fish Bone Broth Recipe that is iodine-rich for good thyroid health and can be ready in 45 minutes!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Why Make Fish Bone Broth?
Fish Bone Broth is the queen of bone broths because it is not only rich in iodine, it’s rich in collagen too, which supports good gut health.
Fish Bone Broth is so inexpensive to make because you are using fish bones and fish heads that you should be able to buy for less than $2.00 per pound. So this is one bone broth you really should add to your culinary repertoire!
More Bone Broth Videos
In addition to making Fish Bone Broth, be sure to try making chicken, beef, pork, and turkey bone broth too. All are nutritious and are a staple in your traditional foods kitchen.
Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipes
If you have an Instant Pot, try making the following bone broth recipes. I also have a video to show you how to properly clean your Instant Pot after you use it.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
In the following members-only video, I talk about How to Help Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Trending Posts on Mary’s Nest
Fish Bone Broth Recipe
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Whole black peppercorns
- 5 pounds Fish bones and fish heads
- 1/2 cup White vermouth or other white wine OR 1 tablespoon vinegar diluted in 1/2 cup water
- Hot water enough to cover bones
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or other cooking fat, such as butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
- Add ghee to a large stockpot over medium heat. Once melted, add onions, carrots, and celery. Allow to saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add fish bones and fish heads on top of vegetables and add white vermouth. Cover stockpot and allow bones to "sweat" for approximately 10 minutes. (See video.)
- Remove lid and add enough hot water to cover bones. Bring the water up to a high simmer and skim any foam that comes up to the top.
- Turn heat to low and allow the bone broth to simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the fish bones, fish heads, and vegetables from the stockpot and then strain the broth and decant into a clean container.
- The broth will stay fresh for 2-3 days in the refrigerator and 2-3 months in the freezer.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Stock pots
- Slow Cookers
- Stainless Steel Strainer
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
More Kitchen Supplies with Discount Codes
- Mockmill Grain Grinder (for making homemade flour)
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including Ancient Grains, like Einkorn, Emmer, and Spelt.
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more…and learn about Special Discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.