Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Instant Pot Beef Bone Broth That Gels Every Time
Instant Pot Beef Bone Broth is the quick and easy way to make bone broth. And with these step-by-step instructions, your bone broth will gel every time!
Homemade Beef Bone Broth is a tasty gelatin-rich liquid that is wonderful for promoting good gut health. Bone Broth is gut healing and gives a boost to our digestive health and our immune system. And scientists tell us that our gut is, in essence, our second brain and has a significant impact on our overall health.
You can also create Beef Bone Broth in the slow cooker or stovetop, as I show in the following videos:
The type of bones that you include can make your bone broth richer and more gelatinous, as I show you in the following video:
And if you have an Instant Pot, here are additional Instant Pot videos that you may enjoy:
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Instant Pot Beef Bone Broth that Gels Every Time
- 4 pounds Beef bones a mix of marrow bones, neck bones, and oxtails
- 1 cup Red wine or fortified wine 1/4 cup vinegar can be substituted
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 2 stalks Celery seed chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Whole black peppercorns
- Place the marrow bones into the Instant Pot liner pot, add the wine or vinegar, and then cover the bones with water. Allow the bones to soak while proceeding to step 2.
- Brown the neck bones and oxtails in a 425°F oven until brown, approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the oxtails and neck bones have been roasted, transfer them to the Instant Pot with the marrow bones.
- Deglaze the roasting pan with water and add the drippings to the Instant Pot with the bones.
- Add the vegetables, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Add additional water to cover by no more than an inch and be sure not to fill the Instant Pot beyond the pressure cooker marking.
- Set the Instant Pot Steam Release Valve to "sealing." Choose the soup/broth option and adjust the pressure to "low pressure." Set the Instant Pot timer for 2 hours.
- When the 2 hours of pressure cooking has finished, see the manufacturer’s instructions for releasing the pressure or allow the pressure to come down naturally. Once the pressure has been completely released, remove the lid.
- Strain out the solids and then strain the bone broth. (See video.)
- The bone broth will stay fresh, refrigerated for 2-3 days, and if frozen, it will stay fresh for 2-3 months.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Bone Broth Making Supplies
- 8-Quart Duo Plus Instant Pot
- 16-Quart Stock Pot
- 8-Quart Stock Pot
- 7-Quart Slow Cooker
- 8-Quart Slow Cooker
- 10-Quart Slow Cooker
- Fat Separator
- Stainless Steel Strainer
- Flour Sack Towels
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.