Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Behind the Scenes: Making Kitchari
I’m taking you behind the scenes with me in today’s vodcast where I’m making Kitchari for my latest recipe video. This is Vodcast #17 in our Membership Community, the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy!
Get to know more in the following blog post sections:
- Kitchari and More Behind the Scenes
- Weight Loss Video Series
- Skinny Soups for Weight Loss
- More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
These conversational vodcasts are available to the Kitchen Pioneers who have joined my YouTube membership community—The Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
My in-depth vodcasts are exclusively available to members of the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, who we call Kitchen Pioneers. You can learn more about my optional YouTube membership community, including members-only videos and exclusive perks.
This membership community is optional. I’m still publishing my weekly detailed instructional cooking videos on my public YouTube channel that you can watch for free. (Thanks so much for being a Sweet Friend and subscriber!)
In addition to links to the latest Kitchen Academy vodcasts, this blog post lists some of the public videos that I talk about in my vodcast.
Making Kitchari and More Behind the Scenes
Kitchari is a wonderful porridge that soothes the digestive tract. It improves overall digestion, which many of us may need after a bit of overindulging during the holidays.
As you may recall from a previous members-only live stream, I talked about this recipe from the books by John Douillard. You can find this recipe on our YouTube Community page, but I also will have a corresponding blog post and printable recipe on my website when I publish the public recipe video.
Update: Here’s the public Kitchari recipe video that I just published.
In this members-only video, not only do I take you behind the scenes as I’m filming the upcoming Kitchari recipe video, but I also share the easy-to-prepare meal I’m making for our family dinner.
And for those of you who may remember my weight loss videos, I also fill you in on why my weight loss journey stalled and how I’m kicking it back into high gear for 2021.
Weight Loss Video Series
If you’ve not had a chance to see my series of weight loss videos, you can catch up below.
Skinny Soups for Weight Loss
In addition to making Kitchari, here are a few videos of my favorite soup recipes that slim the waistline and boost the good bacteria in our gut with lots of prebiotics. These prebiotics feed the probiotics that work together to tamp down inflammation.
And whatever way we can reduce the inflammation in our body, we not only improve our overall health, we make it a lot easier for our bodies to lose weight that we need.
More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
Catch up on some of the recent videos in our membership community:
- Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy video playlist (Optional Membership Community)
Remember that you’re always welcome to post questions and comments on my videos at any time, and I’m glad to reply.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Preorder The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This cookbook will be published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Fat Separator
- Favorite Aprons
In addition, the following links and promo codes will help you save on fermentation supplies and grain grinders.
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (See promocode below)
- Mockmill 100 Stone Grain Mill (See promocode below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including the new Flake Lover's Flaker. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!