Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make Homemade Vegetable Bouillon
I stopped buying vegetable bouillon cubes years ago and decided just to start making my own. This recipe isn’t exactly for a cube. It’s actually a paste, but it works the same way as the cubes.
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to use Vegetable Bouillon
You can add a teaspoon of the bouillon paste to a mug of hot water for an instant soup or add it to your soup pot if you want to skip having to chop up your onions, carrots, and celery.
The bouillon paste is quite versatile and can add a little punch of flavor to almost anything. Try adding a bit when you’re making spaghetti sauce or sautéing a chicken breast.
More Recipe Videos
Now that you know how to make Vegetable Bouillon, try these other recipes.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
How to Make Homemade Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 Leek, sliced white part only
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks Celery, sliced
- 1 bunch Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups Fine ground sea salt
- Add all the vegetables to a food processor and process for approximately 1 minute, scraping down the sides halfway through the processing. The vegetables should be finely ground.
- Add the salt to the food processor along with the chopped vegetables and process for approximately 1 minute, scraping down the sides halfway through the processing.
- The final product should resemble wet sand.
- Decant approximately 1 cup into a small jar to keep in the refrigerator.
- Store the remaining 2 cups in the freezer. Transfer to the refrigerator when needed.
- To use, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of bouillon mixture to 8 ounces of hot water to make a vegetable broth.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Bouillon Supplies
- Duralex Stackable Clear Prep Bowls, 3.5-Inch
- Duralex Stackable Clear Prep Bowls, 4.75-Inch
- KitchenAid 14-Cup Food Processor
- Duralex Lys Stackable Clear Prep Bowls, 6.75-Inch
- Celtic Sea Salt Fine Ground, (One-16 Ounce Resealable Bag)
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
Use the following links and promo codes to save on fermentation supplies and grain grinders.
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover's Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
Disclaimer:I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.