Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make a Nutrient-Dense All Purpose Seasoning Mix
Today, I want to share with you the Best All Purpose Seasoning Recipe for making a Nutrient Dense House Seasoning Mix.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
All Purpose Seasoning Improved
A homemade all purpose seasoning is an excellent addition to any traditional foods kitchen. Your homemade seasoning includes the ingredients you want and nothing extra like artificial additives and colorings. But you can improve an all purpose seasoning by taking it one step beyond just being a mixture of herbs and spices.
By adding a few simple vitamin-rich and mineral-rich ingredients, such as nutritional yeast and kelp powder, your seasoning mix can offer a powerful boost of nutrition to any dish that you add it to. The secret is to get the right ratio so that these ingredients do not overpower the seasoning mix and let the other herbs and spices shine through. But don’t worry. This is not complicated, and I show you the right ratios to achieve the perfect taste balance in my recipe video.
Store This Seasoning Mix in Your Pantry
Your All Purpose Seasoning will stay fresh for approximately 2-3 years, so you can store it in your extended pantry. Learn more about the foods you can keep in your four corners pantry, including your Prepper Pantry with my free 36-Page Pantry list. Learn how to download this comprehensive Pantry List eBook today!
Beyond All Purpose Seasoning
You can easily make homemade seasoning blends without the chemicals often found in store-bought seasoning mixes. In the following video, I show you how to make 10 homemade seasoning blends, including Italian Seasoning, Herbs de Provence, and a tasty Ranch Seasoning that’s perfect for making a homemade ranch dressing and a party pleasing ranch dip. Yum!
Homemade Salad Dressings
Homemade Extract Recipes
Make Ahead Mixes
The following videos show how you can streamline your home baking process by putting together Make-Ahead Mixes. Just add the wet ingredients, and you’re all set!
And for an additional sweet treat to go along with your home-baked goodies, be sure to try this Make-Ahead Mix for Hot Cocoa. It’s delicious!
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks.
In the following members-only video, I talk about the Ten Staples for the Traditional Foods Kitchen.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Nutrient-Dense All-Purpose Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Kelp powder
- 1/2 cup Dried parsley
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 2 tsp Dried chives
- 1 tsp Dried dill
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried sage
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well to incorporate completely.
- Transfer mixture to a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- When seasoning dishes, start by adding a half teaspoon of the seasoning mix and increase to taste.
- Your seasoning mix will stay fresh for approximately 2-3 years.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Seasoning Blend Making Supplies
- Hinged Lidded Jars
- 8-ounce jars with canning lids
- 6-ounce jars with canning lids
- 4-ounce jars with canning lids
- Regular storage lids
- Wide mouth storage lids
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (promo code below)
- Mockmill Grain Grinder and Whole Grains (promo code below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including the new Flake Lover's Flaker. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from Lehman's, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, US Wellness Meats, and More!
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.