Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Learn How to Make a Bell’s Poultry Seasoning Copycat Recipe
Today I am sharing my homemade copycat recipe for Bell’s Poultry Seasoning. This recipe is perfect for your Thanksgiving turkey.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Homemade Poultry Seasoning Recipe
Have you seen Bell’s Poultry Seasoning before? It comes in a little yellow box with a turkey on the front. This is one of my all-time favorite seasonings, especially for stuffing or dressing.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find it at my grocery store lately, so I decided to make a homemade version. And it came out great! (I actually think my blend is a little better. 😉) You will love it with your turkey or in your stuffing or dressing!
Two Ways to Make Your Thanksgiving Turkey
If you are planning for a smaller Thanksgiving dinner, you can cook a small turkey in the oven or a turkey breast in your Instant Pot. However, instead of just one small turkey, why not two? Cooking two turkeys in your oven gives you a smaller turkey to enjoy, if you want to eat just one during dinner, but having another turkey for later also gives you more meat and bones for future meals and for making turkey bone broth.
How to Make Turkey Bone Broth
You can make bone broth with your leftover turkey bones using your Instant Pot or slow cooker. And if you want to make turkey bone broth on your stovetop, you can follow the same instructions as making chicken bone broth on the stovetop.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
In addition to making poultry seasoning, the following videos list more Thanksgiving recipes that you can make for you and your family.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary, dried
- 2 tablespoons Oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons Marjoram, dried
- 2 tablespoons Thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon Sage, dried
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- Place all the ingredients into a coffee grinder and pulverize to a fine ground powder. This process will take approximately 30 seconds.
- Store the pulverized contents in a tightly sealed jar.
- Use your homemade seasoning in amounts as you would any other seasoning. You can use this seasoning blend on any poultry or in any type of stuffing or dressing for an extra special flavor.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- 8 oz Glass Jar with Wooden Spoon
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from Lehman's, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, US Wellness Meats, and More!
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.