Learn how to roast two small turkeys instead of one large turkey. They’ll roast in less time, be easier to carve, plus you’ll have four of everything! This recipe tip is perfect for beginners who are preparing their first Thanksgiving meal.
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Table of Contents
- Planning for a Smaller Thanksgiving?
- Thanksgiving with the Instant Pot
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Thanksgiving Bread Recipes
- Thanksgiving Dinner Dessert Recipes
- Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
- The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
- Kitchen Academy Videos
- How to Roast 2 Thanksgiving Turkeys Recipe
- Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Planning for a Smaller Thanksgiving?
If you’re planning for a smaller gathering than usual for Thanksgiving, remember that you can always enjoy leftovers afterward. You can save the meat for soups and bones for bone broth.
Thanksgiving with the Instant Pot
If you have an Instant Pot, you can cook a turkey breast for your gathering, and I’ll show you how in my step-by-step recipe video. As a traditional foods cook, you’ll want to make sure your turkey breast has the bone in it so you can make turkey broth at the same time!
This spinach ricotta pie makes a tasty appetizer, side dish, or holiday entree for family and friends who follow a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet.
Surprise yourself and your family and friends with this easy and memorable French Pot-au-Feu recipe made with turkey necks.
Make this rich, creamy pumpkin soup from an easy Seventeenth Century Heirloom Recipe.
Thanksgiving Bread Recipes
For bread selections, you can make yeast rolls or cornbread to accompany your Thanksgiving meal.
Thanksgiving Dinner Dessert Recipes
Be sure to make a delicious dessert to enjoy after your Thanksgiving Dinner. Here are some pumpkin pie recipes that are sure to be crowd pleasers!
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
And if you’re looking for a printed book full of my traditional foods recipes that shows you how to create a traditional foods kitchen, be sure to order your copy of my new book, The Modern Pioneer Cookbook.
Order YOUR COPY Now!
The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
Seasonal ingredients, traditional techniques, and nourishing recipes. Over 85 traditional, from-scratch recipes! Discover for yourself how you can use simple ingredients and traditional techniques to cook the modern pioneer way.
Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
I chat about why it was important for me to create this comprehensive curriculum for students in grades K-12.
I share upcoming recipes and what I have planned for my Mary’s Nest YouTube channel in 2024.
During this month’s members-only live stream, we talked about a variety of topics, including a preview of upcoming videos.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
How to Roast 2 Thanksgiving Turkeys
- 2 Turkeys, approx. 12 pounds each
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 2 stalks Celery, cut into thirds
- 2 Carrots, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 cup Coarse ground Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place onion, celery, and carrots onto baking pan or baking sheet.
- Unwrap turkeys and remove neck and giblets to save for making stock. Place the turkeys on top of vegetables.
- Mix the herbs, salt, and peppers together and add a small handful to the cavity of each turkey.
- Baste each turkey with butter using a pastry brush and sprinkle the remaining herb, salt pepper mixture over each turkey.
- Place turkeys on the lowest rack in the oven and roast for approximately 3 hours until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 165°F.
- When the turkeys are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to rest, covered for 20-30 minutes. Then transfer them to a serving plater or cutting board and carve.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!