Thanksgiving Tip: Roast 2 Small Turkeys
Instead of 1 Large One
Hi Sweet Friends,
Roast two small turkeys instead of one large turkey. They’ll roast in less time, be easier to carve, plus you’ll have four of everything! This is perfect for beginners!!
Watch this YouTube video as I walk you through the step-by-step process of making two Thanksgiving turkeys.
|Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes (VIDEO)|
|Make Ahead Cornbread Dressing Recipe (VIDEO)|
|Make Ahead Turkey Gravy Recipe Using Bone Broth (VIDEO)|
|Homemade Poultry Seasoning Recipe (VIDEO)|
|Make Ahead Orange Cranberry Sauce (VIDEO)|
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
How to Roast 2 Thanksgiving Turkeys
- 2 Turkeys, approx. 12 pounds each
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 2 stalks Celery, cut into thirds
- 2 Carrots, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 cup Coarse ground Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place onion, celery, and carrots into baking pan or baking sheet.
- Unwrap turkeys and remove neck and giblets to save for making stock. Place turkeys on top of vegetables.
- Mix the herbs, salt, and peppers together and add a small handful to the cavity of each turkey.
- Baste each turkey with butter using a pastry brush and sprinkle the remaining herb, salt pepper mixture over each turkey.
- Place turkeys on lowest rack in the oven and roast for approximately 3 hours until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the turkeys are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to rest, covered for 20-30 minutes. Then transfer them to a serving plater or cutting board and carve.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
|Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet (2 Pack)|
|All-Clad Stainless Steel Large 16 x 13 Inch Roaster with Rack|
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.