Make Ahead Cornbread Dressing
A Whole Grain Recipe
Hi Sweet Friends,
Today I am sharing a recipe for my Whole Grain Cornbread Dressing. It’s perfect to accompany your Thanksgiving Turkey. It’s absolutely delicious thanks to my Homemade Poultry Seasoning. Plus it’s nutritious thanks to my Whole Grain Cornbread that’s used as part of the dressing mix. And the best part is that it can be made the day ahead of Thanksgiving and will reheat beautifully!
Watch this YouTube video as I walk you through the step-by-step process of making cornbread dressing with a whole grain recipe.
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Whole Grain Cornbread Dressing (VIDEO)
- 8 cups Whole grain cornbread* cubes, stale
- 8 cups White bread or Sourdough bread cubes, stale
- 1 bunch Celery, chopped
- 4 Onions, chopped yellow, medium-sized
- 1 tablespoon Poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 4 Eggs, large
- 2 cups Milk, whole
- 2 cups Chicken or turkey stock or chicken or turkey bone broth
- 2 sticks (1 cup) Butter, melted more for greasing pan
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 12" round cast iron pan with butter. (You can also use an alternate pan such as a rectangular 9x13 pyrex baking dish.)
- Sauté the celery and onions in the butter with the poultry seasoning and salt until the celery is soft and the onions are translucent, but not browned. Approximately 10 minutes.
- While the celery and onion cook, add both types of bread cubes to a large bowl.
- Once the celery and onion are cooked, pour the celery, onion, and butter mixture over the bread cubes and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the milk and mix well, then pour over the bread cube mixture. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the stock or bone broth over the bread cube mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the entire mixture to the greased pan and place on the middle rack of the pre-heated oven. Allow to bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is a crispy golden brown.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
|Lodge L10SKL Cast Iron Pan, 12″, Black|
|Stainless Steel 8″ Magic Whisk|
|Duralex Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set|
|Le Creuset Silicone Large Spatula Spoon|
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.