Today, I’m sharing a recipe for Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes. These will always be light and fluffy and reheat beautifully—even after being refrigerated. This makes them a wonderful time saver and perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner table.
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Table of Contents
- Sides to Enjoy for Thanksgiving
- Turkey Gravy for Your Mashed Potatoes
- More Recipes for Your Thanksgiving Table
- More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
- Kitchen Academy Videos
- Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Sides to Enjoy for Thanksgiving
If you have a cast iron skillet, these videos will show you how to make two types of bread for Thanksgiving: Yeast Dinner Rolls and Cornbread.
While you’re making mashed potatoes, if you have an Instant Pot, you can also make some mac and cheese for everyone to enjoy.
Turkey Gravy for Your Mashed Potatoes
Learn how to make a nutritious turkey gravy to pour on your mashed potatoes…and turkey too!
More Recipes for Your Thanksgiving Table
Watch these videos to discover how to make more recipes for your Thanksgiving dinner.
And the following videos will show you how to make a Turkey Bone Broth from your turkey leftovers.
This spinach ricotta pie makes a tasty appetizer, side dish, or holiday entree for family and friends who follow a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet.
Surprise yourself and your family and friends with this easy and memorable French Pot-au-Feu recipe made with turkey necks.
Make this rich, creamy pumpkin soup from an easy Seventeenth Century Heirloom Recipe.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
And if you’re looking for a printed book full of my traditional foods recipes to show you how to create a traditional foods kitchen, be sure to order your copy of my new bestselling book, The Modern Pioneer Cookbook.
Order YOUR COPY Now!
The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
Seasonal ingredients, traditional techniques, and nourishing recipes. Over 85 traditional, from-scratch recipes! Discover for yourself how you can use simple ingredients and traditional techniques to cook the modern pioneer way.
Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
I chat about why it was important for me to create this comprehensive curriculum for students in grades K-12.
I share upcoming recipes and what I have planned for my Mary’s Nest YouTube channel in 2024.
During this month’s members-only live stream, we talked about a variety of topics, including a preview of upcoming videos.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 sticks Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- Place unpeeled potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium high and allow potatoes to cook until soft. Approximately 30 minutes.
- When potatoes are cooked, remove from the heat and drain. Allow to cool slightly until they can be handled comfortably. Remove skins. Return potatoes to the pot and place back on the heat set to low. Allow potatoes to dry out for a few minutes.
- While potatoes are drying out, warm cream in the melted butter for a few minutes on low and add salt.
- Remove potatoes from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Whip potatoes with a handheld electric mixer for 1 minute on medium speed.
- After 1 minute, slowly pour in the butter, cream, and salt mixture while continuing to whip the potatoes on medium speed.
- Once all the butter, cream, and salt is incorporated into the potatoes, turn off the electric mixer.
- At this point, you can serve the potatoes or cover them and refrigerate them until ready to reheat and serve. Refrigerated, the mashed potatoes will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!