Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes
Today, I’m sharing a recipe for Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes. These will always be light and fluffy and reheat beautifully—even after being refrigerated. This makes them a wonderful time saver and perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner table.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Sides to Enjoy for Thanksgiving
If you have a cast iron skillet, these videos will show you how to make two types of bread for Thanksgiving: Yeast Dinner Rolls and Cornbread.
While you’re making mashed potatoes, if you have an Instant Pot, you can also make some mac and cheese for everyone to enjoy.
Turkey Gravy for Your Mashed Potatoes
Learn how to make a nutritious turkey gravy to pour on your mashed potatoes…and turkey too!
More Recipes for Your Thanksgiving Table
Watch these videos to discover how to make more recipes for your Thanksgiving dinner.
And the following videos will show you how to make a Turkey Bone Broth from your turkey leftovers.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 sticks Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- Place unpeeled potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium high and allow potatoes to cook until soft. Approximately 30 minutes.
- When potatoes are cooked, remove from the heat and drain. Allow to cool slightly until they can be handled comfortably. Remove skins. Return potatoes to the pot and place back on the heat set to low. Allow potatoes to dry out for a few minutes.
- While potatoes are drying out, warm cream in the melted butter for a few minutes on low and add salt.
- Remove potatoes from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Whip potatoes with a handheld electric mixer for 1 minute on medium speed.
- After 1 minute, slowly pour in the butter, cream, and salt mixture while continuing to whip the potatoes on medium speed.
- Once all the butter, cream, and salt is incorporated into the potatoes, turn off the electric mixer.
- At this point, you can serve the potatoes or cover them and refrigerate them until ready to reheat and serve. Refrigerated, the mashed potatoes will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from Lehman's, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, US Wellness Meats, and More!
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.