Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes
Always Light and Fluffy
Hi Sweet Friends,
Today, I’m sharing a recipe for Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes. These will always be light and fluffy and reheat beautifully—even after being refrigerated. This makes them a wonderful time saver and perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner table.
Watch this YouTube video as I walk you through the step-by-step process of making Whipped Mashed Potatoes.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes (VIDEO)
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 sticks Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- Place unpeeled potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium high and allow potatoes to cook until soft. Approximately 30 minutes.
- When potatoes are cooked, remove from the heat and drain. Allow to cool slightly until they can be handled comfortably. Remove skins. Return potatoes to the pot and place back on the heat set to low. Allow potatoes to dry out for a few minutes.
- While potatoes are drying out, warm cream in the melted butter for a few minutes on low and add salt.
- Remove potatoes from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Whip potatoes with a hand held electric mixer for 1 minute on medium speed.
- After 1 minute, slowly pour in butter, cream salt mixture while continuing to whip the potatoes on medium speed.
- Once all the butter, cream, and salt is incorporated into the potatoes, turn off the electric mixer.
- At this point, you can serve the potatoes or cover them and refrigerate them until ready to reheat and serve. Refrigerated, the mashed potatoes will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
|Cuisinart Hand Held Mixer|
|Le Creuset Silicone Large Spatula Spoon|
|Duralex Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set|
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.