How to Cook a Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot – The Right Way!
Today, I am sharing How to Cook a Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot – The Right Way!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
It’s Time to Make a Phone Call
If you joined me in previous videos where I use the Instant Pot, you know that I like to talk with the manufacturer before starting. This time I learned some very helpful information about the best way to cook a turkey breast in the Instant Pot. So be sure to watch the video, and join me as I share what I learned.
Turkey Breast Bonus Tip!
Plus, I came up with a great tip all on my own. Trust me…You’ll want to do this before you get started. This tip will save you from making a big mistake!
Bonus Tip: Be sure to take the Instant Pot liner with you to the grocery store to make sure that you can fit the turkey breast that you picked out into your liner!
Perfect for Thanksgiving
Cooking a turkey breast in the Instant Pot is great for having extra breast meat on Thanksgiving. And it frees up your oven for the larger whole turkey and all the side dishes.
But if you are just having a small Thanksgiving gathering and don’t want to cook a whole turkey, this method is perfect. Literally in about an hour, you can be serving a moist and flavorful turkey breast that’s perfect for four dinner guests.
Whether for your main meal or for extra breast meat, you will probably still have some leftovers that will be great for sandwiches the next day!
More Instant Pot Recipes
And for more Instant Pot Recipes, be sure to check out these videos where I share all that I learned from the manufacturer about how to do things the right way when using this versatile multi-cooker:
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
How to Cook a Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot
- 6-Quart or 8-Quart Instant Pot
For the Turkey Breast
- 6-8 pound Turkey Breast, raw
- 1 Onion, skin on and cut into eighths
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Water 1 1/2 cups for the 6-quart Instant Pot or 2 cups for the 8-quart Instant Pot.
- 2 teaspoons Fine ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Red ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili pepper flakes
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together. Afterward, rub the mixture in the cavity of the turkey breast and all over the exterior of the turkey breast.
- Place the onions into the cavity of the turkey breast.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and remove the rack. Next, pour the water into the stainless steel liner.
- Place the turkey breast on the rack. Lower the rack into the Instant Pot stainless steel liner using the handles of the rack.
- Properly seal the Instant Pot and set the vent to "sealing."
- Set the Instant Pot to "high" pressure and set the time for 8 minutes per pound of turkey breast.
- Once the turkey breast is finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to come down from pressure naturally, or release the pressure moving the vent from "sealing" to "venting." BE CAREFUL! If you release the pressure in this way, steam will surge out of the vent. (I prefer to allow the pressure to come down naturally.)
- Once the pressure has been released, open the Instant Pot, and remove the lid. Lift the turkey breast out of the stainless steel liner using the handles of the rack. Transfer the turkey breast to a serving platter and enjoy!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- 8-Quart Duo Plus Instant Pot
- 6-Quart Duo 7-in1 Instant Pot
- 6-Quart Duo 9-in-1 Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Compatible Accessory Kit
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more…and learn about Special Discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.