Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Cook a Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot – The Right Way!
Today, I am sharing How to Cook a Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot – The Right Way!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
It’s Time to Make a Phone Call
If you joined me in previous videos where I use the Instant Pot, you know that I like to talk with the manufacturer before starting. This time I learned some very helpful information about the best way to cook a turkey breast in the Instant Pot. So be sure to watch the video, and join me as I share what I learned.
Turkey Breast Bonus Tip!
Plus, I came up with a great tip all on my own. Trust me…You’ll want to do this before you get started. This tip will save you from making a big mistake!
Bonus Tip: Take the Instant Pot liner with you to the grocery store to make sure that you can fit the turkey breast that you picked out into your liner!
Perfect for Thanksgiving
Cooking a turkey breast in the Instant Pot is great for having extra breast meat on Thanksgiving. And it frees up your oven for the larger whole turkey and all the side dishes.
But if you are just having a small Thanksgiving gathering and don’t want to cook a whole turkey, this method is perfect. In about an hour, you’ll be able to serve a moist and flavorful turkey breast that’s perfect for four dinner guests.
Whether for your main meal or for extra breast meat, you will probably still have some leftovers that will be great for sandwiches the next day!
More Instant Pot Recipes
And for more Instant Pot Recipes, be sure to check out these videos where I share all that I learned from the manufacturer about how to do things the right way when using this versatile multi-cooker:
The Instant Pot is great for making small batches of bone broth, and I show you how to make a gelatinous chicken and beef bone broth in the following recipe videos.
After you’re done making delicious meals in your Instant Pot, watch the following video to see how to clean your Instant Pot—The Right Way!
More Thanksgiving Recipes
You can create delicious sides for your turkey breast with the following recipe videos, including many make-ahead dishes.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
In the following members-only videos, I show you How to Equip Your Traditional Foods Kitchen.
Trending Posts on Mary’s Nest
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
How to Cook a Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot
- 6-Quart or 8-Quart Instant Pot
For the Turkey Breast
- 6-8 pound Turkey Breast, raw
- 1 Onion, skin on and cut into eighths
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Water 1 1/2 cups for the 6-quart Instant Pot or 2 cups for the 8-quart Instant Pot.
- 2 teaspoons Fine ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Red ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili pepper flakes
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together. Afterward, rub the mixture in the cavity of the turkey breast and all over the exterior of the turkey breast.
- Place the onions into the cavity of the turkey breast.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and remove the rack. Next, pour the water into the stainless steel liner.
- Place the turkey breast on the rack. Lower the rack into the Instant Pot stainless steel liner using the handles of the rack.
- Properly seal the Instant Pot and set the vent to "sealing."
- Set the Instant Pot to "high" pressure and set the time for 8 minutes per pound of turkey breast.
- Once the turkey breast is finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to come down from pressure naturally, or release the pressure moving the vent from "sealing" to "venting." BE CAREFUL! If you release the pressure in this way, steam will surge out of the vent. (I prefer to allow the pressure to come down naturally.)
- Once the pressure has been released, open the Instant Pot, and remove the lid. Lift the turkey breast out of the stainless steel liner using the handles of the rack. Transfer the turkey breast to a serving platter and enjoy!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- 8-Quart Duo Plus Instant Pot
- 6-Quart Duo 7-in-1 Instant Pot
- 6-Quart Ultra 60 10-in-1 Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Compatible Accessory Kit
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
More Kitchen Supplies with Discount Codes
- Mockmill Grain Grinder (for making homemade flour)
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including the new Flake Lover's Flaker. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from Lehman's, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, US Wellness Meats, and More!
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.