Make Ahead Turkey Gravy
Using Bone Broth
Hi Sweet Friends,
Today I’m sharing an easy Make Ahead Bone Broth Gravy to top your Thanksgiving Turkey. Not only is it delicious…it’s good for you too!
Watch this YouTube video as I walk you through the step-by-step process of making turkey gravy with bone broth.
|Homemade Poultry Seasoning Recipe (VIDEO)|
|Make Ahead Cornbread Dressing Recipe (VIDEO)|
|Make Ahead Orange Cranberry Sauce (VIDEO)|
|Make Ahead Whipped Mashed Potatoes (VIDEO)|
|Thanksgiving Tip: Roast 2 Small Turkeys Instead of 1 Large Turkey (VIDEO)|
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
Make Ahead Turkey Gravy Using Bone Broth (VIDEO)
Turkey Bone Broth
- 2 Turkey necks, cut into pieces
- 2 Turkey backsides, cut into pieces
- 2 stalks Celery Stalks, including tops, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 Medium yellow onion, skin on and chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Whole black peppercorns
- Water to cover
- 1/2 cup White vermouth can substitute white wine or vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 4 cups Turkey bone broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
Turkey Bone Broth
- Add all bone broth ingredients to stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then turn to low and allow to simmer for three hours. After 3 hours, strain solids and set liquid aside.
- Place the butter and the flour into a medium sized saucepan and cook butter for approximately 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add 4 cups of bone broth to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir with a whisk until there are no visible lumps. Add the salt and stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/3 cup heavy cream.
- Store in fridge and reheat when needed. Gravy will stay fresh refrigerated up to 2 days.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
|Le Creuset Enamel-on-Steel 8-Quart Covered Stockpot, Soleil|
|Update International (GB-8) 8 Oz Gravy Boat|
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.