How to Make Slow-Roasted Candied Tomatoes
Hi Sweet Friends,
Today, I am sharing with you How to Make Slow-Roasted Candied Tomatoes that are so much better than tough sun-dried tomatoes. They are soft, tender, and absolutely scrumptious!
These Candied Tomatoes are amazing and make a wonderful sweet addition to any antipasto platter, are enjoyable as a quick snack, or give a tasty bit of added flavor to chicken and fish dishes.
You’ll love them and will want to make batch after batch…which is a great idea if you ever have a bumper crop of tomatoes either from your own garden or the farmer’s market.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
You can print the recipe below.
How to Make Slow-Roasted Candied Tomatoes (Video)
- 9 Italian plum tomatoes sliced lengthwise with core removed
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse ground Celtic sea salt
- Dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced tomatoes, cut side up onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and dried oregano
- Roast in the oven for approximately 2 hours or until tomatoes are quite soft and slightly caramelized. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store tomatoes layered in jar and covered with olive oil.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Candied Tomato Making Supplies:
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.