Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse Salad Recipe
Today, I am sharing a recipe for a Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse Salad. Sometimes the bile that moves between our Liver and Gallbladder can become “sludgy.” The good news is that certain foods can help move that sludge through our system before it turns into Gallstones!
This salad is a tasty mix of grated beets and chopped beet greens, carrots, ginger, and lemon zest all tossed with a delightful lemony vinaigrette. And this delicious salad, which is a perfect mix of cleansing foods to help clear out that sludge, does not involve drinking glass after glass of olive oil and lemon juice!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
More Beet Recipe Videos
For more recipes with beets, watch the following videos.
More Ginger Recipe Videos
For more recipes with ginger, watch the following videos.
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
In the following members-only video, I talk about What Are Traditional Diets and How to Get Started.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse Salad Recipe
- 9 Beets, raw, peeled and grated including Beet Greens, chopped and steamed
- 4 Carrots, raw, peeled and grated
- 2 inch knob Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Juice of Lemon including zest
- 1/4 cup Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the raw grated beets, chopped and steamed beets greens, and raw grated carrots and toss well to combine.
- To the bowl, add the ginger, lemon zest, vinegar, salt, and pepper and toss well to combine.
- Add in the olive oil and toss well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- This salad can be enjoyed immediately or refrigerated and enjoyed cold. Enjoy within 3 days.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (promo code below)
- Mockmill Grain Grinder and Whole Grains (promo code below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Use promo code marysnest for a 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including Ancient Grains, like Einkorn, Emmer, and Spelt.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more…and learn about Special Discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.