Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make Ginger Honey to Fight Colds and Flu
This Ginger Honey recipe is an excellent natural remedy to keep on hand during cold and flu season. It also makes a great Ginger Jam or Ginger Marmalade.
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Why Does Ginger Honey Work Well Together?
Sometimes, when I feel ill, I find garlic a bit off-putting, especially if I’m feeling nauseous too. Although garlic helps build resistance, it’s not always an ingredient I can tolerate. That’s where Ginger Honey comes in.
When you add grated ginger to honey, it gives the honey a pleasant zing that can help soothe a sore throat. Plus, it adds all the anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that ginger has to offer.
In addition, the honey helps soften the otherwise strong flavor of the ginger. And, keep in mind that honey also offers excellent antibacterial assistance to our bodies when we feel ill.
A Word of Caution
I am not a medical doctor, so to be safe, be sure to check with your medical professional before taking Ginger Honey or any natural remedy.
Also, remember that honey should never be given to infants under the age of one. And if you decide to introduce honey into your toddler’s diet, be sure to check with your pediatrician first.
More Home Remedies
Try preparing these other home remedies so they’ll be ready for you and your family in case of colds and flu in the future.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
In the following members-only video series, I talk about how to boost your immunity.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Trending Posts on Mary’s Nest
How to Make Ginger Honey to Fight Colds and Flu
- 1/2 cup Fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Place grated ginger into a small saucepan and cover with honey.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Decant into a clean jar and refrigerate. Use within 2-3 months for maximum freshness.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Ball Wide Mouth Pint Jars
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
More Kitchen Supplies with Discount Codes
- Mockmill Grain Grinder (for making homemade flour)
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover's Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes.
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
Disclaimer:I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.