Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Talking about Sourdough, Herbal Remedies, and Anti-Inflammatory Foods
In this month’s live stream, we talked about the challenges of making a sourdough starter, herbal remedies for tinnitus, and the benefit of anti-inflammatory foods to treat osteoarthritis.
This live stream replay is available to Kitchen Pioneers who have joined my YouTube membership community—The Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy Live Stream
These live streams and live stream replays are available to members of the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, who we call Kitchen Pioneers. You can learn more about my optional YouTube membership community, including members-only videos and exclusive perks.
This membership community is optional. I’m still publishing my weekly detailed instructional cooking videos on my public YouTube channel that you can watch for free. (Thanks so much for being a Sweet Friend and subscriber!)
In addition to links to the latest Kitchen Academy vodcasts, this blog post lists some of the public videos that I talk about in my live stream.
Making Sourdough Starter
After I talked about my upcoming sourdough crackers video for Saturday, we had a lively discussion on our live stream about the challenges of making a sourdough starter. A number of folks shared how they were trying to make a starter but were running into difficulties.
So to help troubleshoot sourdough starter problems, I started a member-only sourdough starter thread in our YouTube community. This thread is the place for us to chat about the challenges that you’ve encountered trying to make a starter, share our community’s sourdough starter experiences, and for me to help with any questions that you may have.
If you want to create a starter to make sourdough bread, recipes using sourdough discard, and other delicious sourdough-baked goods, watch one of the sourdough starter videos below. And be sure to leave your comments and questions on our members-only sourdough starter community thread. (You can also leave a comment on one of the videos, and I’ll be able to see your member comment and answer it too! 😊)
- If you have access to rye flour, watch the How to Make a Foolproof Sourdough Starter video. It’s the easiest way to get your starter going.
- If you only have access to all-purpose flour, watch the Complete Sourdough Starter Guide video. I’ll guide you through the process of making a successful starter. I also address many of the problems you can run into and how to fix them.
Here’s a member-only sourdough video that talks about how you can Make Any Baking Recipe a Sourdough Recipe.
Essential Herbal Remedies
We also chatted about herbal remedies and the benefits of different medicinal herbs, focusing on Ginkgo Biloba to help with the difficult challenge of overcoming tinnitus. If you’re interested in medicinal herbs, check out the following videos where I discuss the 15 (10+5) best herbs to grow in your garden. You can also keep these herbs in dried form in your extended pantry (also known as your prepper pantry) or your medicinal herb cabinet.
Tea Herbal Remedies
In the following videos, I also show you how to make a Master Recipe for Medicinal Herb Tea using the herbs you choose. For a specific tea recipe, I show you How to Make a Great Night’s Sleep Herb tea with a quick process using three carefully selected herbs.
Join My Next Traditional Foods Live Stream
These live streams are a lot of fun, and I enjoy getting to know more about you, my wonderful Kitchen Pioneers. 😊
Be sure to bring your questions for me to our live streams. You can also get to know the other members in our Kitchen Pioneers community. You’ll find a lot of fellow Kitchen Pioneers who are working on sourdough starters, ferments, and more traditional foods recipes, just like you!
Remember that you’re always welcome to post questions and comments on my videos at any time, and I’m glad to reply.
In addition to live streams, I publish exclusive videos for my membership community. In case you have missed any of my recent videos, be sure to catch up with the videos below.
- Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy video playlist (Optional Membership Community)
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Favorite Aprons
In addition, the following links and promo codes will help you save on fermentation supplies, grain grinders, and whole grains.
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (See promocode below)
- Mockmill Grain Grinder and Whole Grains (promo code below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover's Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!