Learn how to make all-purpose Einkorn flour at home, and use this same technique to turn any whole grain into any all-purpose flour.
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Table of Contents
- Why Sift Fresh Ground Einkorn Flour?
- It’s Easy to Make All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
- Baking with All-Purpose Flour
- Grind Your Own Flour with the Mockmill
- More Home Baker Videos
- Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
- Kitchen Academy Videos
- Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Why Sift Fresh Ground Einkorn Flour?
In my How to Make All-Purpose Einkorn Flour tutorial video, I show you how to sift fresh home-ground flour and turn it into your own homemade all-purpose Einkorn flour.
But why would we want to do this? The reason, above all, is that all-purpose flour will create lighter baked goods, including quick breads and cookies. And in addition to these benefits, it also will create fluffier sourdough breads and yeasted breads.
It’s Easy to Make All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
You can easily make your own all-purpose Einkorn flour at home by sifting fresh-ground flour through some type of mesh strainer. You can even use a simple flour sifter, as I demonstrate in the video.
Once you learn how to make all-purpose Einkorn flour, you can use this technique to sift any whole-grain flour to create any all-purpose flour.
Now, remember that homemade all-purpose flour is not exactly what you’ll find at the grocery store. It’s difficult to sift out every last bit of bran and germ when you sift flour at home, but it’s pretty close. And best of all, your own homemade all-purpose Einkorn flour will be much fresher than store-bought all-purpose flour, and when you mix some of it into your whole-grain flour, you’ll create lighter baked goods!
Order YOUR COPY Now!
The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
Seasonal ingredients, traditional techniques, and nourishing recipes. Over 85 traditional, from-scratch recipes! Discover for yourself how you can use simple ingredients and traditional techniques to cook the modern pioneer way.
Baking with All-Purpose Flour
When you’re ready to bake with fresh-milled flour, be sure to watch my The Basics of How to Bake with Fresh Milled Flour video so you can get the most out of your grain mill and bake quick breads, yeasted breads, and sourdough breads perfectly every time!
And when you’re ready to make sourdough bread, try your hand at making my Fast No-Knead Sourdough Bread.
If you are new to making sourdough bread, I’ve got you covered. You can start by making my Foolproof Sourdough Starter. Before you know it, you’ll be a master baker using your all-purpose Einkorn flour or any whole grain flour of your choosing.
Grind Your Own Flour with the Mockmill
When it comes to electric grain mills, after I did A LOT of research, I decided to buy a Mockmill. And am I so happy I did! The Mockmill is a very affordable but beautifully crafted German-made mill that stone grinds grain with settings ranging from 1 to 10—fine to coarse ground grain.
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover’s Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes. (This is not a sponsored post, I bought the Mockmill products that I show you, and I’m a happy user of their devices in my kitchen.)
Join my sweet son Ben and me as we share this holiday recipe from my bestselling book, The Modern Pioneer Cookbook.
Learn how to make whole grain breads lighter in texture and easier to digest.
Learn how to make this tasty biscuit on your stovetop with just a handful of ingredients.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
And if you’re looking for a printed book full of my traditional foods recipes that shows you how to create a traditional foods kitchen, be sure to order your copy of my new bestselling book, The Modern Pioneer Cookbook.
Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
I chat about why it was important for me to create this comprehensive curriculum for students in grades K-12.
I share upcoming recipes and what I have planned for my Mary’s Nest YouTube channel in 2024.
During this month’s members-only live stream, we talked about a variety of topics, including a preview of upcoming videos.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Grain and Flour Supplies
- Einkorn Grain
- Sprouted Einkorn Grain
- Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- Sprouted Einkorn Flour
Favorite Grain Mill Supplies
- Mockmill 100 Stone Grain Mill
- Mockmill 200 Stone Grain Mill
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- KitchenAid Mockmill Attachment
Favorite Bread Making Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Breadsmart bread baking kit (See promocode below)
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!