Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make All Purpose Einkorn Flour at Home
Learn How to Make All Purpose Einkorn Flour at Home, and use this same technique to turn any Whole Grain into any All Purpose Flour.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Why Sift Fresh Ground Einkorn Flour?
In my tutorial video, I show you how to sift fresh home-ground flour and turn it into your own homemade All Purpose Einkorn Flour.
But why would we want to do this? The reason, above all, is that All Purpose Flour will create lighter baked goods, including quick breads and cookies. And in addition to these benefits, it also will create fluffier sourdough breads and yeasted breads.
It’s Easy to Make All Purpose Einkorn Flour
You can easily to make your own All Purpose Einkorn Flour at home by sifting fresh-ground flour through some type of mesh strainer. You can even use a simple flour-sifter, as I demonstrate in the video.
Now keep in mind, homemade All Purpose Flour is not exactly like what you’ll find at the grocery store. It’s difficult to sift out every last bit of bran and germ when you sift flour at home, but it’s pretty close. And best of all, your own homemade All Purpose Einkorn Flour will be much fresher than store-bought all-purpose flour, and it will create lighter baked goods!
Baking with All Purpose Flour
Once you learn how to make All Purpose Einkorn Flour, you can use this technique to sift any whole grain flour to create any all purpose flour. After that, you can try your hand at making my Fast No-Knead Sourdough Bread.
And if your new to making sourdough bread, I’ve got you covered. You can start by making my Foolproof Sourdough Starter. Before you know it, you’ll be a master baker using your All Purpose Einkorn Flour or any whole grain flour of your choosing.
Using a Grain Mill to Make Flour
If you want to store whole grains and grind them to make your own flour, watch my unboxing and grain grinding test in my Mockmill Grain Mill review video.
I purchased a Mockmill 100 grain mill to grind my whole grain. If you decide to get a Mockmill for yourself, be sure to use my affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including Ancient Grains, like Einkorn, Emmer, and Spelt.
5% OFF SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- Use my affiliate link to get a special one-time 5% off Mockmill stone grain mills (The discount will appear when you checkout.)
More Grain and Baking Videos
Learn more about wheat berries, Kamut, sprouted flour, and more in the following tutorial and recipe videos.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Preorder The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This cookbook will be published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Grain and Flour Supplies
- Einkorn Grain
- Sprouted Einkorn Grain
- Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- All Purpose Einkorn Flour
- Sprouted Einkorn Flour
Favorite Grain Mill Supplies
- Mockmill 100 Stone Grain Mill (See promocode below)
- Mockmill 200 Stone Grain Mill (See promocode below)
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- KitchenAid Mockmill Attachment
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including the new Flake Lover's Flaker. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Favorite Bread Making Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Breadsmart bread baking kit (See promocode below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.