I finally decided to buy a grain mill. In my unboxing video and blog post, I talk about why I chose the Mockmill 100. I also show you how to set up your Mockmill stone grain mill and grind grain for the first time.
Note: This is NOT a sponsored post. I actually bought this product for myself.
Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Table of Contents
Why Did I Buy a Mockmill Stone Grain Mill?
I researched various grain mills and decided on purchasing a Mockmill because it allows you to pick a grind for the grain ranging from 1 (fine) up to 10 (coarse). Plus, it grinds the grain between two stones. Stone-ground flour at home!
Retiring my Vitamix
As I have shared in the past, I have always used my 28-year-old Vitamix to grind my grain. First, I would freeze my grain to prevent it from overheating and then whirl it in the Vitamix for under a minute—and voila! Ground grain.
Unfortunately, I had to accept whatever level of grind I got from the Vitamix. It was far from an exact science. So I decided to finally buy a grain mill, and it was the Mockmill 100 that I finally decided on!
Unbox and Setup the Mockmill
Are you thinking about getting a stone grain mill? Be sure to watch my video where I unbox my Mockmill and get it ready to grind grain. There are a few steps involved to prep it, but they are easy, and I walk you through them step-by-step. I also show you how to grind grain in the Mockmill for the first time.
- Get the Mockmill 100 Stone Grain Mill (Same product I show you my unboxing video.)
Wheat Berries and Einkorn Videos
Learn more about wheat berries and einkorn in the following videos. I also show you how to make all purpose Einkorn flour at home using your Mockmill.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
Download my free Traditional Foods Pantry List eBook as a guide to stock your Four Corners Pantry. If you decide to get a Mockmill, you can use it to grind the grain that’s stored in your extended or Prepper Pantry.
Store Whole Grain in Your Prepper Pantry
In the following videos and blog posts, I show you how you can create a Prepper Pantry and stock it with real food for only five dollars a week. I also explain why you need to store whole grain in your Prepper Pantry, and three ways to make flour at home.
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
In the following members-only video, I talk about Whole Grain Baking for the Traditional Foods Kitchen.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Grain Mill Supplies
Favorite Organic Grains and Flours
- Einkorn Grain
- Sprouted Einkorn Grain
- Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- All Purpose Einkorn Flour
- Sprouted Einkorn Flour
Favorite Yeasts for Bread Making
- SAF Instant Yeast
- SAF Premium Instant Yeast
- Gold Instant Yeast (SAF)
- Red Star Active Dry Yeast
- Fleischmann’s Active Dry Yeast
- Bob’s Red Mill GLUTEN FREE Active Dry Yeast
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!
Order YOUR COPY Now!
The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
Seasonal ingredients, traditional techniques, and nourishing recipes. Over 85 traditional, from-scratch recipes! Discover for yourself how you can use simple ingredients and traditional techniques to cook the modern pioneer way.