Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
What Have We Learned from Quarantine Cooking?
In my latest vodcast, I talk about Pantry, Fridge, and Freezer Meals and what we have learned from Quarantine Cooking. This vodcast is available to the Kitchen Pioneers who have joined my YouTube membership community—The Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
My in-depth vodcasts are available to members of the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, who we call Kitchen Pioneers. You can learn more about my optional YouTube membership community, including members-only videos and exclusive perks.
This membership community is optional. I’m still publishing my weekly detailed instructional cooking videos on my public YouTube channel that you can watch for free. (Thanks so much for being a Sweet Friend and subscriber!)
Quarantine Cooking from Your Pantry
In my vodcast, I talk about quarantine cooking focusing on meatless meals as well as “clean out the fridge meals” using up ingredients primarily from your refrigerator and freezer, two locations of your “Four Corners Pantry”. This Four Corners Pantry consists of the following areas in your home:
- Main Kitchen Pantry (Your everyday “Working Pantry”)
- Extended or Prepper Pantry
For a guide on the foods you can store in all areas of your Four Corners Pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List eBook and watch the accompanying video to see how to use the list for your pantry. Your pantry will be well-stocked for any future quarantine cooking.
Frozen Fish Meals from Your Freezer Pantry
One of the topics that I discuss in my vodcast includes buying bulk quantities of frozen fish from your grocery store. This helps you store healthy ingredients for protein-rich meals and stretch your food budget. In my local grocery store next to my fishmonger’s counter, there are tall freezers with large bags of bulk frozen fish and other seafood, like wild-caught shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico.
If you don’t have ready access to bulk frozen seafood in your supermarket, Vital Choice Seafood offers freshly-frozen fish you can order online and ship to your home. (If you decide to order from them, be sure to use my Vital Choice Seafood discount code.) I show you how I prepare meals from some of my seafood orders in the recipe videos below.
In case you have missed any recent videos here in our membership community, be sure to catch up with the videos below.
- Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy video playlist (Optional Membership Community)
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Food Storage Supplies
- Handheld Food Saver
- Food Saver Jar Adapter Kit
- 32-Ounce Canning/Storage Jars
- Presto Dehydrator
- Excalibur Dehydrator
- 5 Gallon Storage Buckets
- Mylar Bags (1 Gallon) (5 Gallon)
- Oxygen Absorbers
- Silica Gel Packs
- FRIXION Erasable Pens – These are the pens that I use to write on my pantry list.
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator
- Flour Sack Towels
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (promo code below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from Lehman's, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, US Wellness Meats, and More!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.