Chicken Tortilla Soup – Ready in 10 Minutes!
Today, we’re going to make an easy Chicken Tortilla Soup that literally comes together in 10 minutes—start to finish! This recipe is what I like to call a Pantry Challenge meal because you probably already have everything in your pantry that you will need to make this soup!
Dinner Time in the Traditional Foods Kitchen
When you are making the transition from a processed foods kitchen to a traditional foods kitchen, sometimes (OK – maybe often!) preparing dinner can seem daunting. Did I remember to defrost the chicken? Is the bone broth ready? Have the beans been soaked? So on and so forth.
On days when you may be feeling a little overwhelmed, turning to your pantry to make a simple, yet nutritious, meal can be a lifesaver!
Yes, Opening a Can Is OK!
We all know that keeping a well-stocked pantry is essential. As you make the transition to traditional foods, you will want to stock your pantry with whole food items. And it’s OK if the foods that you stock in your pantry are in cans from your grocery store. These canned items are wonderful back-ups when you simply don’t have the time to prepare these foods in the traditional way. Real food is real food, even when you take a few short-cuts.
Canned Beans, canned vegetables, and canned meats mean that you can literally have a meal on the table in minutes. This easy Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe provides an excellent example of how you can pull together your pantry items. And knowing that you are able to prepare a quick meal like this means that you are less likely to go through a fast-food drive-through. Your easy and nutritious meal is a success to be celebrated on your traditional foods journey!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
Now that you’ve learned how to make a 10-Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup, here are a few more quick and easy dinner ideas that are not only delicious, they’re nutritious!
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Large Soup Pot
- 1 tablespoon Ghee, or other cooking fat or oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon Coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 cups Shredded chicken
- 2 cans Black beans Store-bought cans, or 2 pints home-canned, or approximately 4 cups soaked beans.
- 1 can Corn Store-bought can or 1 pint home-canned, or 2 cups fresh or frozen corn.
- 2 cups Salsa
- 6 cups Water, or Chicken Broth, Stock, or Bone Broth
- tomato paste, optional
- Put ghee into soup pot set on medium heat. Once melted, add in spices, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and mix well to coat with spices.
- Add beans, corn, salsa, and mix well.
- Add water or broth and stir.
- Bring up to a boil, then turn down to medium and allow soup to heat through.
- Serve in bowls and top with sour cream, grated cheese, tortilla chips, and avocado, if desired.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Soup Making Supplies
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more…and learn about Special Discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.