Easy Chicken Soup Recipe Made with Bone Broth
Today, I’m sharing an Easy Chicken Soup Recipe made with chicken bone broth. I make so much bone broth, and I have learned that all of you do too!
But other than drinking it, what can we do with it? In a previous video, I shared Five Ways to Use Bone Broth, and this is one of those ways…make soup!
Why is Bone Broth Important?
If you’re new to my site, first of all…Welcome! But you may be wondering why so much emphasis on bone broth? The reason is that bone broth is so nutritious because it is rich in collagen.
Collagen is good for our bodies. It’s great for making our hair thick, our nails strong, and our skin smooth. But most importantly, collagen soothes our gut lining. If our gut is healthy, we’re better at fending off illness. So soup made with bone broth is a perfect way to work this wonderful elixir into our diets.
An Easy and Customizable Recipe
This easy recipe provides the basic building blocks for creating a delicious Chicken Soup using bone broth. But don’t stop there!
With this formula, you can create any type of chicken soup you like. Add a different mix of vegetables, spices and/or herbs, and you’ll make it your own. And you’ll never grow tired of it because you can make it different every time!
Perfect for Cooler Months
Chicken Soup can be wonderful at any time of the year, especially when you have a cold! With Fall here and temperatures cooling, this is the perfect time for a warming bowl of comfort. So be sure to try making soup with bone broth, and let me know in the comments below how you made it to your liking.
Related Bone Broth and Soup Videos
If you haven’t made bone broth yet and want to try your hand at it, be sure to try my Roast Chicken Bone Broth. It couldn’t be easier because you use the leftover carcass from a roast chicken. This chicken bone broth literally just costs pennies to make!
And once you master bone broth, be ready to find so many ways to use your broth, such as in these wonderful soups listed below:
- Easy Beef and Barley Soup Recipe – Makes Bone Broth Too!
- Chickpea and Pork Rib Soup Recipe – A Northern Italian All Saints’ Day Tradition
- Soups and Stews Comfort Foods for Fall 2018 | Cioppino – Italian Fish Stew Recipe
- Skinny Soups 101 – Start Slimming Today with Weight Loss Soups!
- Skinny Soup – Start Slimming Today with this “Prebiotic” Rich Soup
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
How to Make Chicken Soup with Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped, 1" pieces
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped, 1" pieces
- 1 tsp Sea salt homemade vegetable bouillon can be substituted
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1-2 cups Shredded chicken
- 8 cups Chicken bone broth
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large soup pot.
- Once butter has melted, add onions and sauté until translucent but not browned.
- Add salt, black pepper, and red pepper (if using). Stir well.
- Add carrots and celery, stir well, and sauté for a minute.
- Add shredded chicken. Stir well.
- Add bone broth.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium, cover, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite soup making supplies:
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.