Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner for Beginners
Yes, you can enjoy baked chicken for a weeknight supper, even if you are new to home cooking. Today, I am sharing a simple Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner Recipe that you can bake in the oven and have ready in 45 minutes.
Thanks to a technique called spatchcock, we’ll remove the backbone from the chicken and lay it flat on the sheet pan allowing it to cook in half the time of a whole roast chicken!
So be sure to give this a try so that you can start enjoying baked chicken any night of the week!
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 pound Chicken
- 2 Sweet potatoes Unpeeled and cut into eighths
- 2 Onions Peeled and quartered with root intact
- 8 Carrots Peeled, halved and then quartered
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 stick Butter Cubed
- Cut out the backbone of the chicken using the spatchcock technique, and save the backbone for making bone broth. (See video.)
- Flatten chicken breast side up and tuck wings under chicken body.
- Scatter potatoes, carrots, and onions around the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and black peppers over chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots.
- Dot everything with butter.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 45 minutes until chicken skin is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, transfer chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots to a serving platter, bring to the table, and enjoy!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Sheet Pan Dinner Making Supplies
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more…and learn about Special Discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.