Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner for Beginners
Hi Sweet Friends,
Yes, you can enjoy baked chicken for a weeknight supper, even if you are new to home cooking. Today, I am sharing a simple Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner Recipe that you can bake in the oven and have ready in 45 minutes.
Thanks to a technique called spatchcock, we’ll remove the backbone from the chicken and lay it flat on the sheet pan allowing it to cook in half the time of a whole roast chicken!
So be sure to give this a try so that you can start enjoying baked chicken any night of the week!
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Favorite Sheet Pan Dinner Making Supplies:
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.
Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 pound Chicken
- 2 Sweet potatoes Unpeeled and cut into eighths
- 2 Onions Peeled and quartered with root intact
- 8 Carrots Peeled, halved and then quartered
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 stick Butter Cubed
- Cut out the backbone of the chicken using the spatchcock technique, and save the backbone for making bone broth.
- Flatten chicken breast side up and tuck wings under chicken body.
- Scatter potatoes, carrots, and onions around the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and black peppers over chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots.
- Dot everything with butter.
- Bake in 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes until chicken skin is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, transfer chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots to a serving platter, bring to the table, and enjoy!