Easy Roast Chicken Recipe with Potatoes, Garlic, and Lemons
Today, I’m sharing this Easy Roast Chicken Recipe with Potatoes, Garlic, and Lemons. In about one hour, you can have this on the table and ready to enjoy!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My videos and blog posts may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Easy Roast Chicken Recipe
As I share in my recipe video, I could roast a chicken every day! And this Easy Roast Chicken Recipe is one of my favorite ways to roast a chicken. The chicken is so flavorful, thanks to the compound butter rubbed under the skin!
Plus, when you follow the steps in the printable recipe, you’ll place the chicken on top of a bed of small cut potatoes. These potatoes will melt in your mouth. They are delicious thanks to roasting under high heat and the infusion of flavor from the garlic and lemons.
More Easy Roast Chicken Recipes
For more ideas for delicious chicken dinners, be sure to check out the following videos and recipes.
A Fast Chicken Meal
If you’re looking for a change of pace from making an Easy Roast Chicken, try this chicken dish that whips up in minutes. This Crispy Chicken Cutlets recipe is one of my family’s favorites!
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) -
When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) -
Get a free eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Garlic, and Lemons
- Cast iron frying pan or roasting pan
- 1 1/2 pounds Small potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp Herb mix Use any herb mix you enjoy, such as Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 heads Garlic, cut lengthwise
- 1 whole Onion, red, yellow, or white, peeled and cut into eights
- 2 whole Lemons, cut in half
- 1 stick Butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 whole Chicken, skin on
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- To the herb mix, add the salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoons of the herb salt mix and blend with the olive oil. Toss the potatoes in this mixture, and place them in the bottom of the frying pan or roasting pan.
- Place the garlic, onions, and lemons around the rim of the pan. Sprinkle these with a little bit of the herb salt mix. Set aside the pan.
- Loosen the skin of the chicken, taking care not to rip the skin.
- Take a 1/2 stick of the butter, mix it with a tablespoon of the herb salt mix, and blend well. Gently insert the mixture under the chicken skin. (See video.)
- Gently lift the chicken and place it into the pan on top of the potatoes. Tie the chicken legs together.
- Take the remaining butter and herb salt mix and melt together in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the skin of the chicken with the melted butter herb mix. If you do not have a pastry brush, you can spoon the melted butter herb mix over the chicken.
- Transfer the pan with the chicken to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the chicken at 500°F for 10-20 minutes until the skin is golden brown. Take care not to allow the skin to burn. Once the skin is a golden brown, lower the heat to 350°F for approximately 45 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches a minimum of 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to rest for a few minutes. Afterward, slice and serve the chicken along with the potatoes, garlic, onions, and lemons.
- Wrapped well, the leftovers will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
- Butcher’s Twine
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
- Masontops Fermentation Kit (promo code below)
- Mockmill Grain Grinder and Whole Grains (promo code below)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including Ancient Grains, like Einkorn, Emmer, and Spelt. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my beef bones, electric grain mills, sprouted grains, and more…and get special discounts for Mary’s Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill, Masontops, and Cultures for Health.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.