Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Boost Your Immunity with the Five Best Traditional Foods
During this year, there has been so much talk about how we can best boost our immunity. And this topic is more important than ever as we enter into cold and flu season.
In today’s vodcast, I chat about the most important vitamins we need to include in our diets by eating certain traditional foods. These traditional foods offer the nutrients we need to boost our immune systems to help fend off illness.
Get to know more about these topics in the following blog post sections:
- Children-Friendly Nutrient Dense Meals for Boosting Immunity
- Eat Oily Fish to Boost Your Immunity
- Drink Bone Broth to Boost Your Immunity
- More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
We also talked about additional ways to boost our immunity, including:
- Getting plenty of exercise in the fresh air and sunshine
- How to reduce stress, and
- The best way to catch-up on lost sleep so to avoid becoming overtired and run down, thereby making ourselves susceptible to illness.
And a fun topic during this vodcast addressed a book that a sweet friend sent to me. The book Since You Went Away: World War II Letters from American Women on the Home Front is a delightful read and dovetails beautifully with the movie by the same name discussed in our last member live stream.
These conversational vodcasts are available to the Kitchen Pioneers who have joined my YouTube membership community—The Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy
My comprehensive vodcasts are exclusively available to members of the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, who we call Kitchen Pioneers. You can learn more about my optional YouTube membership community, including members-only videos and exclusive perks.
This membership community is optional. I’m still publishing my weekly detailed instructional cooking videos on my public YouTube channel that you can watch for free. (Thanks so much for being a Sweet Friend and subscriber!)
In addition to links to the latest Kitchen Academy vodcasts, this blog post lists some of the public videos that I talk about in my vodcast.
Children-Friendly Nutrient Dense Meals for Boosting Immunity
If your children (or husbands 😊) are accustom to eating processed foods, gradually introducing traditional foods into their diets will help them down the path of enjoying more traditional foods. As I talk about in the vodcast, making Fried Beef Liver will feed your family with a delicious nutrient-dense meal that also helps their immune systems.
- How to Cook Beef Liver (Your Kids Will Love)
And if you’re looking to cook from your pantry, surprise your family with this Tuna Boat Surprise recipe that was one of my favorites growing up.
Eating Oily Fish to Boost Your Immunity
Speaking of canned fish, make sure you incorporate plenty of oily fish into your diets to boost vitamin D levels during this time of year. (In the winter, we can’t get much sun exposure to help our bodies produce vitamin D.) Two excellent oily canned fish to include on your menu are:
The canned versions of both oily fish are very affordable, especially when food budgets may be tight. So be sure to check out the videos below for two delicious recipes:
- Best Sardines Recipe – A Delicious Way to Prepare Canned Sardines
- How to Make Salmon Patties – Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes Recipe
And don’t worry. If you think you don’t like sardines, try the recipe that I share in my video. So many people have come back to me who said they thought they didn’t like sardines, but they love them prepared this way!
Drink Bone Broth to Boost Your Immunity
Drinking bone broth is one of the five key ways to help your immune system. The following videos show you how to make the different kinds of bone broths for you and your family to enjoy:
More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
Catch up on some of the recent videos in our membership community:
- Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy video playlist (Optional Membership Community)
Remember that you’re always welcome to post questions and comments on my videos at any time, and I’m glad to reply.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
- Fat Separator
- Favorite Aprons
In addition, the following links and promo codes will help you save on fermentation supplies and grain grinders.
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Learn more about Mockmill electric grain mills for making fresh flour and their Flake Lover's Flaker that flakes whole grain in minutes.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Farmhouse Teas, Lehman's, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!