A number of years ago, I discovered Magic Mineral Broth in a cookbook titled The Longevity Kitchen by Rebecca Katz. I love the idea of using actual vegetables in a broth to give my body the minerals it needs instead of turning to a bottle of vitamins and minerals.
My take on this broth is a bit different than the original recipe. I like adding in ginger and turmeric. And by all means—make this broth your own too by using the vegetables, herbs, and spices that you like best. You can’t make a mistake!
And don’t worry about all the vegetables you use to make the broth. They won’t go to waste. I show you how to puree them to make a wonderful creamy soup.
A Word of Caution
I am not a medical doctor, so to be safe, be sure to check with your physician before taking Super Mineral Broth or any natural remedy.
More Natural Home Remedy Recipes
Once you make Super Mineral Broth, you’ll see how easy it is to make your own natural home remedies, so be sure to give the recipes in this section a try.
If you get a cold or flu this fall or winter, Rose Hips Syrup and Elderberry Syrup will have you feeling better in no time! They’re two of my favorites to have on hand when we get the sniffles in our home.
- Homemade Rose Hips Syrup Recipe
- Elderberry Syrup Recipe – Fight Colds and Flu Naturally
- Turmeric Golden Milk Spice Mix Recipe
- Immune Boosting Honey – Infused with Garlic, Ginger, and Turmeric
- How to Make Homemade Cough Syrup – Natural Remedy for Coughs – Preparation and Decanting
Subscribe to my channel for more easy recipes
And while you're visiting my Mary's Nest YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!Love,
Super Mineral Broth Recipe – Natural Immune Booster
My take on this broth is a bit different than the original recipe. I like adding in ginger and turmeric. And by all means – make this broth your own too by using the vegetables, herbs, and spices that you like best. You can't make a mistake!
And don't worry about all the vegetables you use to make the broth. They won't go to waste. I show you how to puree them to make a wonderful creamy soup.
- 2 Yellow onions, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 1 Red onion, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 6 Carrots, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 1 head Garlic, unpeeled sliced in half
- 1 Leek roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Celery roughly chopped
- 4 Red skinned potatoes, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 3 Sweet potatoes, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 6 inch Fresh ginger, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 6 inch Fresh turmeric, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 1 piece Kombu (sea vegetable)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Whole allspice berries
- 1 bunch Flat-Leaf Italian parsley
- Filtered water to cover
- Place stockpot on a stove burner and add all ingredients, except the parsley, to a large stockpot and cover with water.
- Bring mixture to a boil on high, then immediately turn to low and allow to simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours.
- After two hours, add parsley to stockpot and allow mixture to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove stockpot from stove burner and allow to cool slightly. Remove solids from stockpot and strain broth through a flour sack colander placed over a pot or bowl.
- Decant broth and refrigerate. Broth will stay fresh for 5 days refrigerated. For longer storage, freeze broth. If frozen, the broth will stay fresh and retain its flavor for approximately 4 months.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Visit Mary's Nest Amazon Shop
Visit my Shopping Guide page
Learn where I buy my Beef Bones, Wild-Caught Fish, Sprouted Grains, and more...and learn about Special Discounts for Mary's Nest visitors, including from US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice, Masontops, and Breadsmart.
Here are some of my favorite Natural Home Remedy Supplies.
- The Longevity Kitchen: Satisfying, Big-Flavor Recipes Featuring the Top 16 Age-Busting Power Foods, by Rebecca Katz
- Le Creuset Enameled Steel 16-Quart Stock Pot with Lid, Marseille
- Le Creuset Enamel-on-Steel 8-Quart Covered Stockpot, Soleil
- Granite Ware Stainless Steel Deluxe Food Mill, 2-Quart
- Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-Inch Santoku Knife
- Large Canadian Maple Cutting Board (18x24x3/4)
- Libbey Impressions Glass Pitcher, 1-80 ounce Glass Pitcher, 10 inch height, Lead-Free
- Duralex Made In France Lys Stackable 10-Piece Bowl Set
- 3 Piece Colander Set – Stainless Steel Mesh Strainer Net Baskets with Handles & Resting Base
- Large Soft and Absorbent Cotton Kitchen Dish Towels – Set of 12
- Ball Wide Mouth Half Gallon 64 Oz Jars with Lids and Bands
- Glass Storage Jars with White Lid, 21-Ounce, Set of 4
*A Note About Affiliates: My videos, video descriptions, and blog posts may contain affiliate links to various products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website.