Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Do you really need to soak your grains? Maybe not!
In my Never Soak Your Grains Again! 3 Surprising Reasons Why video, I share three fascinating pieces of information as to why some of us should not be soaking our grains. Find out if any of these reasons apply to you. One applied to me!
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Soaking and Sprouting Grains Questions
I have found soaking and sprouting grains to be tedious and time-consuming. So do we really need to go through all this trouble? If we don’t, will it impair our digestion and strip our bodies of much-needed nutrients? Is phytic acid really a problem? I go over these questions in today’s informational video.
There are some reasons why we should not soak and sprout grains, but there are also many benefits to soaking and sprouting, not only grains, but beans and nuts too.
Soaking and Sprouting Beans
In the following videos, I show you how to soak and sprout beans and talk about different approaches you should try in the warmer and cooler months.
I also show you the right way to cook dried beans, which includes soaking them before cooking. This is a popular video that has helped many people enjoy eating and digesting beans when they haven’t had success with beans in the past.
Soaking Oat Groats
Are you ready to make soaked oatmeal? I’ll show you how to soak oat groats to make some of the most nutritious and tastiest oatmeal you’ve ever made.
Do you find nuts hard to digest? I’ll show you how to soak and dry nuts to make them easier to eat and enjoy. In the recipe video, I use pecans, but you can also use another nut that you like.
Download Your Free 36-Page Pantry List
For an extensive list of the traditional foods you can make and purchase to stock your pantry, be sure to download my free 36-page Traditional Foods Pantry List. This comprehensive eBook is full of links to recipe videos, helpful articles, and more!
Kitchen Academy Videos
Are you looking for more traditional foods videos? If so, I invite you to join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy. Members of this optional paid YouTube community get access to exclusive videos, live streams, and other members-only perks. Plus, your YouTube comments include a special members-only badge.
In the following members-only video, I talk about Whole Grain Baking for the Traditional Foods Kitchen.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Preorder The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This cookbook will be published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Trending Posts on Mary’s Nest
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
- Favorite Aprons
- Spice Grinder
- Countertop Burner (On my kitchen island in many recipe videos.)
- Handheld Vacuum Sealing System
- Vacuum Lids
- Silica Gel Packets (Helps keep moisture from building up in your mix)
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Quart Slow-Cooker
- Fat Separator (Clever kitchen device to help you decant bone broth)
- Flour Sack Towels
- pH Strips (Helps you check on the acidity of your vinegar)
More Kitchen Supplies with Discount Codes
- Mockmill Grain Mill (for making homemade flour)
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including the new Flake Lover's Flaker. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from US Wellness Meats, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, and More!