Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
Today, I am sharing How to Cook Crispy Bacon in the Oven. It’s perfect every time. Plus, cleanup is so easy, thanks to the fact that we are not going to cook this bacon on a rack! Have you ever used one of those cooling racks that fits inside a baking sheet to bake your bacon? I have. It made a terrible mess and was such a big job to clean. Never again!
How to Make Crispy Bacon
With this technique, we ditch the rack and simply line our baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the bacon right on top. Bacon cooked in the oven this way will always create crispy slices of bacon that are full of flavor! You will discover that this is the best way to cook perfect bacon every time. There is literally no splatter of oil, and no greasy mess to clean up. And it only takes about 15 minutes!
This Crispy Bacon recipe is also the perfect way to cook bacon when you are making big batches for a crowd. This process is so easy you’ll wonder why you never tried it before!
Make Breakfast with Crispy Bacon
Use your crispy bacon to make many delicious breakfast recipes, including Hash Brown Breakfast Cups. They’re delicious!
Make a BLT Sandwich with Crispy Bacon
You can also make a delicious BLT sandwich with your bacon by baking your own bread and making a one-minute homemade mayonnaise that’s rich in probiotics. Just add fresh lettuce and tomato, and you have the perfect BLT!
Want to add more homemade condiments? You can also make fermented ketchup, mustard, and pickles that will go great with any sandwich.
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
How to Cook Crispy Bacon in the Oven – Perfect Every Time and Easy Cleanup
- 1 pound bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Make sure the paper or foil covers the edges of the baking sheet.
- Place your bacon in a single layer on top of the covered baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove bacon from oven once it appears golden brown in color and crispness.
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Oven Bacon Baking Supplies
Order YOUR COPY Now!
The Modern Pioneer Cookbook
Seasonal ingredients, traditional techniques, and nourishing recipes. Over 85 traditional, from-scratch recipes! Discover for yourself how you can use simple ingredients and traditional techniques to cook the modern pioneer way.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from Lehman's, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, US Wellness Meats, and More!
**Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the MarysNest.com website, including text, images, videos, eBooks or eGuides, social media, or other formats, were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched in a video or read on this website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video and website will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this website or corresponding video channel.