Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
How to Make Successful Ferments
I was happy to chat with my sweet Kitchen Pioneers during this month’s live stream on August 19, 2021, all about how to make successful ferments. There are always so many questions about these persnickety traditional foods!
This live stream replay is available to Kitchen Pioneers who have joined my YouTube membership community—The Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy.
*Affiliates note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My content may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. It does not affect the price you pay.
In-Depth Video Series on Traditional Foods
I started my special Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy about a year ago so I could provide you with in-depth videos that may not appeal to a broader audience on YouTube. (I still continue to publish public traditional foods videos on YouTube in addition to my members-only videos.)
Since I launched my Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, I’ve created a series of videos that dive deep into traditional foods topics, including:
- Learn How to Stock Your Traditional Foods Pantry
- Learn How to Equip Your Traditional Foods Kitchen
- The Importance of Cooking with Traditional Fats
- How to Tackle Sourdough Starter Challenges
Many of these in-depth series discuss different techniques to achieving success. For example with the series on the trials and tribulations of making a sourdough starter, I talk about different approaches on how to successfully create a sourdough starter, including:
Art of Fermentation Video Series
In my latest members-only live stream, we talk about the fermentation process and some of the questions that I’ve received from my viewers. I also answer questions from my Kitchen Academy members in our live chat.
We also talked about my new Kitchen Academy members-only series that focuses on ferments, specifically vegetable ferments. I have released the first overview video in this fermentation series and look forward to adding two more in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! 😉
More Fermentation Videos
I also have an extensive collection of public videos on ferments, especially recipes for making delicious fermented foods. Here are a few easy ferments for you to watch and try making too!
And here are a few of my public videos where I talk about the fermentation process.
Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy Live Stream
These live streams and live stream replays are available to members of the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy, who we call Kitchen Pioneers. You can learn more about my optional YouTube membership community, including members-only videos and exclusive perks.
This membership community is optional. I’m still publishing my weekly detailed instructional cooking videos on my public YouTube channel that you can watch for free. (Thanks so much for being a Sweet Friend and subscriber!)
In addition to links to the latest Kitchen Academy vodcasts, this blog post lists some of the public videos that I talk about in my live stream.
Join My Next Traditional Foods Live Stream
These live streams are a lot of fun, and I enjoy getting to know more about you, my wonderful Kitchen Pioneers. 😊
Be sure to bring your questions for me to our live streams. You can also get to know the other members in our Kitchen Pioneers community. You’ll find a lot of fellow Kitchen Pioneers who are working on sourdough starters, ferments, and more traditional foods recipes, just like you!
Remember that you’re always welcome to post questions and comments on my videos at any time, and I’m glad to reply.
More Kitchen Pioneer Videos
In addition to live streams, I publish exclusive videos for my membership community. In case you have missed any of my past videos, be sure to catch up with the videos below.
- Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy video playlist (Optional Membership Community)
Trending Posts on Mary’s Nest
Stay in Touch with Mary’s Nest
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel for Traditional Foods Videos (Free) - When you subscribe, be sure to click on the notification bell that will let you know each time I upload a new video.
- Subscribe to Mary’s Traditional Foods Newsletter (Free) - Get a free 36-page eBook for signing up: How to Stock Your Essential Traditional Foods Four-Corners Pantry.
- Join the Traditional Foods Kitchen Academy (Optional Paid) - For more detailed videos, live streams, and exclusive members-only perks, join my YouTube membership community.
- Order The Modern Pioneer Cookbook (Optional Paid) - Get a printed book of Mary's nourishing recipes from a Traditional Foods Kitchen. This bestselling cookbook is published by Penguin Random House with their DK imprint.
I look forward to having you join me in my Texas Hill Country Kitchen!
Shop for items used in this blog post or video
Favorite Kitchen Supplies
- Favorite Aprons
- Chef’s Knife
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan
- Spatula Spoon
- Large Stock Pot
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Large Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- 2-Cup Glass Storage Jars with Lids
- 10-Piece Glass Bowl Set
- Flour Sack Towels
Favorite Prepper Pantry Supplies
- FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System
- Excalibur 9-Tray Food Dehydrator
- Country Living Hand Grain Mill
- All American Pressure Canner
- Victoria Stovetop Waterbath Canner
- Ball Electric Water Bath Canner
- All American Sun Oven
More Kitchen Supplies with Promo Codes
- Mockmill Grain Grinder and Whole Grains (including Einkorn, Emmer, and Spelt)
Use my Mockmill affiliate link for a special one-time 5% discount on Mockmill Stone Grain Mill products, including the new Flake Lover's Flaker. (The Mockmill discount will appear when you checkout.)
Use promo code MARYSNST for a one-time 15% off Masontops and Breadsmart products on Amazon.com.
Amazon Shop and Shopping Guide
- Visit Mary’s Nest Amazon Shop
- Visit my Shopping Guide page
Get up to 15% off for stocking your Traditional Foods Pantry and equipping your Modern Pioneer Kitchen, including discounts from Lehman's, Mockmill Grain Mill, Masontops, Cultures for Health, Survival Garden Seeds, Redmond Real Salt, Plan to Eat, US Wellness Meats, and More!